Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size frame do I need?

Options
  • 18-09-2006 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Im 6'2".

If I decided to go with an OCR3 or 4 though the frames come in small, med, large et cetera. Is it ok to get something that is so generalised size wise?

Just want to know what size though incase I come across a second hand Trek.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I'm also 6'2" and ride a 58cm frame. However, you also need to take the length of the frame into account - one particular frame may suit you better than another.

Different manufacturers will have different interpretations of small, medium and large so make sure to try before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://www.google.com/search?complete=1&hl=en&q=frame+size+calculator

your inside leg is more important than your height, I am 5'11' but have shorter legs than most people my height.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I'm assuming you're going to buy a particular bike here, say the OCR3. If you're going to buy from a shop, they should fit you to the size of OCR3 that suits best. If you're buying from an online source, have a think about going into a shop to get fitted on that particular bike first, so you know what frame size suits best.

Fit is generally seen as one of the major factors in how much you'll love a bike during the time you have it. If it fits, it'll feel good to ride; if it feels good you'll love it. So getting shop-fit makes big sense IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

beans wrote:
    I'm assuming you're going to buy a particular bike here, say the OCR3. If you're going to buy from a shop, they should fit you to the size of OCR3 that suits best. If you're buying from an online source, have a think about going into a shop to get fitted on that particular bike first, so you know what frame size suits best.

Fit is generally seen as one of the major factors in how much you'll love a bike during the time you have it. If it fits, it'll feel good to ride; if it feels good you'll love it. So getting shop-fit makes big sense IMO

Thats what ill do so. Hate going in when im probably not going to buy it there but I suppose it has to be done.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

If you have some stuff to buy, like a track pump or a puncture repair kit etc, you could always buy those to offset the guilt... and to support your local shop I guess.

If they do a good job of fitting you...

• Advertisement
Advertisement