Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Names

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Congrats man!
    You must be so proud.
    Best wishes to Mrs Viking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

viking wrote:
    And LadyJ, you'll be glad to know we've picked Mia as the name for our most beautiful daughter!

OMG,I win! Yay!

I should totally get some kind of baby naming job! That'd be fun!

Well done to you and especially the mother!

Cutest baby I've seen in a while....And I named her! Wohoo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭mel123

viking wrote:
    Ok, what an eventful night/morning. Our 6th senses about it being a boy were totally wrong and our beautiful daughter arrived at 4.45am this morning!

The labour was inbelievably quick (but painful) for a first timer, in the hospital at 12.30am and 4 hours 15mins later our baby is born.

And LadyJ, you'll be glad to know we've picked Mia as the name for our most beautiful daughter!

I'm one chuffed man! I've been given a few hours off so its off to bed with me...

Ah Im getting broody now after looking at that pic, she is one cute little baby, congrats!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Coinin

Just remember if picking an unusual name, the kid has to go through school with it. Some 'unusual names' are really nice, but others could cause your child to be the butt of jokes at school.

Got the Dublin to Wales boat a while ago, and there is a guy works on it called 'Fenian'. Would have caused him a problem if he wanted a job in the North.

I wanted Roisin (sorry, my keyboard does not have fadas) for our littl'un, but my wife wanted to choose a name that would not announce the family's religion or politics, so we settled on Katie. That said, if you live anywhere except the north, that won't matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Khannie wrote:
    We've shortlisted two names in case we have a girl...

Orla (possibly with the Irish spelling of Orlaith) and Roisín. Love them both and both are handy enough to pronounce.

Roisin is extremely difficult for native french speakers to pronounce. It comes out something like Hoesheen.

I'd go with a name that's quite European such as Isabelle or Louisa, something like that or if you really want an Irish name then I'd go for something simple to spell and pronounce like Cara or Dara.

• Advertisement
Advertisement