Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What ball?

• 18-09-2006 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

what type of ball do you use?

for me wouldn't have a particular favourite, when you lose as many as i do anything thats good value!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

MY favourite ball is defo the Pro v1, It deserves all the hype that it comes with. If im looking for distance on a long hole i switch to a Pro v1x which goes a mile. The Srixon AD333 (sp?) is also a great ball but gets cut up fairly quick.

I order lake balls from the UK to save on price as I would never again pay full price for any premium balls. The control from the Pro v1 is amazing, The only problem is when you lose one, I spend a little longer in the bushes trying to retrieve them because of the price:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭celica140bhp

Normally get my balls in the US as they are about one third the price. Over the last couple of years tried most makes but kinda like Stratas the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sofireland

I use ProV1s
    Like every one, if i 'lose' one i spend a little bit longer looking for it! :)

I also use the Nike Power Distance Soft, you can get two dozen in JJB for €25 or something like that, they're an OK ball...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

MY favourite ball is defo the Pro v1, It deserves all the hype that it comes with. If im looking for distance on a long hole i switch to a Pro v1x which goes a mile. The Srixon AD333 (sp?) is also a great ball but gets cut up fairly quick.

:(

Hope you inform your playing partners when u do this
    ;);););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i use the HX tours as i used to use the HX blue which is now obsolete. i prefer the look of the dimple, thats the only reason. stupid isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

I used to play a distance Top Flite Ball. But then as I improved and found perfect shots bounce off the green I did a bit of research on trying to find a softer ball that provided value for money. The Srixon AD333 came up as the answer. Have been playing with them since last summer (down 3 shots as well - but this can be put down more to lessons). Not sure if I lost any distance to be honest so I can recommend them whole heartedly. Picked up a dozen there recently in the McGuirks sale for E24. Normally about E27.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ok, im by no means a pro, so I find that the nike golf balls are quite forgiving. My tendency to sometimes slice is made worse by the maxfli dtec balls, the ones for maximum spin, dont like them at all.

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    Ok, im by no means a pro, so I find that the nike golf balls are quite forgiving. My tendency to sometimes slice is made worse by the maxfli dtec balls, the ones for maximum spin, dont like them at all.
    which nike balls are you using dirk, my brother tried the platinums but he never took to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Bridgestone B330. Better then Pro-v imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

what type of ball do you use?

for me wouldn't have a particular favourite, when you lose as many as i do anything thats good value!! :D

Hi
    I use any i can find and had a 77 last week less 13 handicap :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Carpenter wrote:
    Hi
    I use any i can find and had a 77 last week less 13 handycap :D:D:D
    and what is that handycap? spelling. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

and what is that handycap? spelling. ;)

He hehehehe HANDICAP SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO SORRY :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

JR, Ive asked my little bro, our in-house expert, and he tells me they are the nike "super soft" ones that come in the green and black box. They are indeed super soft and I like playing with them. I play in Milltown in dublin, so distance isnt such a big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

Dman_15 wrote:
    Bridgestone B330. Better then Pro-v imho

agreed. B330-S even better

also like the Precept u-tri tour, superb ball and cheaper than Pro V1,

Pro V1x is great though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

stringy wrote:
    agreed. B330-S even better

also like the Precept u-tri tour, superb ball and cheaper than Pro V1,

Pro V1x is great though

I thought the S's were more easily cut than the ordinary ones and felt harder round the greens.

Check out Maxifli <<Black Max>> if you can find them. I thought they were better again than the B-330 but impossible to find anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Those maxfli black max can be bought on ebay http://search.ebay.co.uk/maxfli-black-max_W0QQfkrZ1QQfltZ9QQfromZR8

Advertisement