Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net cafes in galway

Options
  • 18-09-2006 3:06pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey, do any net cafes in galway still have counter strike 1.6 installed(or are they all source), to your knowledge?
    I won't have bband until next week in galway and our team would like to practice for the WCG(World Cyber Games) this week.

If any have warcraft III:TFT that would be great too...

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

What BBand are you getting in? I have 2Mb UTV and it's ok, but I'd be interested in getting rid of line rental if possible. Tried to get NTL but as I live on a poxy island there's no poxy cable on it, feckers.

On topic(ish) I don't know what any of the game cafés use, I spoke to a guy in Game on Eglinton street about CSS before, he seemed to know the score for LANs and stuff, try asking in there maybe. Do you play source at all? Are there any Galway based public servers you know of? I play mostly on the PK clan server, based in Manchester... www.clanpk.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Afaik Clan Video has 1.6. Dunno though, I don't play ghey.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What BBand are you getting in? I have 2Mb UTV and it's ok, but I'd be interested in getting rid of line rental if possible. Tried to get NTL but as I live on a poxy island there's no poxy cable on it, feckers.
    Don't have a phoneline so i guess NTL will be best?
    They were excellent last year but I have heard this is not so this year.
    I figure I'll have to get them so I'll ring up today or tomorrow and sort it out.
    I'm not sure what other ones are available without line rental.
    On topic(ish) I don't know what any of the game cafés use, I spoke to a guy in Game on Eglinton street about CSS before, he seemed to know the score for LANs and stuff, try asking in there maybe.
    Thannks.
    Do you play source at all? Are there any Galway based public servers you know of? I play mostly on the PK clan server, based in Manchester... www.clanpk.co.uk
    I play source a lot. Usually in IOA, nog and my clan server 1st-IB.
    I have seen people from PK about. I don't know any galway based servers.
    Syxpak wrote:
    SyxPak wrote:
    Afaik Clan Video has 1.6. Dunno though, I don't play ghey.
    Thanks, I'll pop in for a looksee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Will add your public to my favs...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I couldn't find anywhere.
    Some places didn't even have any games...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Do Clan not have 1.6? I really thought they had...

I asked the guy, he said they removed it, 'he thought'. Then he went to a computer and said there was only source.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

theres only 3ish gaming places in galway in my knowledge. we went searching for em all during the summer. clan video which was close to us and has counter-strike, call of duty, half life 2, which is the only game we played. and quench on eyre street which looks like a fancy cafe but has gaming pcs upstairs with quake 4 and other stuff. and theres a chinese place in eyre square that used to have loads of games but now just has Warcraft, and doesnt seem to want customers! thats all i know

Thabks, I'll try quench. Warcraft was removed from the comp so I don't need that anymore.
    Thanks a lot.

Advertisement