Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowboarding and Ski gear

Options
  • 18-09-2006 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey everyone,

Myself and the family are off on our first (hopefully) of many Skiing holidays come Christmas. I was just wondering about clothing, I know the likes of great outdoors have some ski/snowboarding clothing but i also want to know where else is good to go and check out? any ideas?

Cheers, Enzo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Arrnots tend to have a good range also and if you can get it during the sales it's a good deal, but i don't know if they have a sale planned anytime soon. I also got a Jacket from TK Maxx.
    If you don''t want to buy you can rent stuff from Great Outdoors, my girlfriend did so last year, i think it was 50 for the week, the gear was good and clean.
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

Yeah keep an eye on TK Maxx stuff. I got a great pair of ski pants there for a good price. Can't remember how much, but I think they reduced from 70 to 40, and they were soooo good.

I bought my ski jacket in Equestrian World in Maynooth which isn't far if you're in West Dublin. They have loads of Ski Wear upstairs! Mine was Whiet Rock I think, so isn't the reall puffy type but had secret pockets everywhere and found it so handy for travelling and wore it at home loads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Generally speakin ya should leave Great Outdoors as a last resort
    TK Maxx can be good but you'll also get good deals online - ebay is worth a look. There's also a guy in Blanchardstown who does some good deals, but you'd need to check what stock he has
    - you'll get his details on www.irishsnowboards.com

Cheers,

Johnboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Patagonia do amazing value ski gear when they have their sales on. You have to llok out for it though. Got myslef a sweet pair of ski trousers for €60 which normally retail at €250 there at the start of the summer. Didn't need them at the time but going to Finland at Xmas so already have ski gear sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

For the snowboarder learner's try and get the padded shorts (Aka Superman Pants) that go inside your regular ski pants, you can buy them where ever you go ~€25

I highly recommend them, snowboarders are going to be on their ass constantly at the beginning saves alot of bruises, I got a set 3 years ago and i still wear them everytime I go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Enzo_V12

great help. thanks everyone.

Advertisement