Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Polynesian artist?

Options
  • 18-09-2006 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Who’s the best artist in Dublin for tattooing Polynesian? Looking to get a full chest plate and sleeve.
    So was interested in would do the best job with it?

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Try the Italians in Art tattoo in Temple Bar, one of them does some really nice island work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Giant_Killer

'Art Tattoo'? never heard of the place. you they have a website site or contact number? cheers mate.

It may be called Sacred Art now, can't remember exactly.
    Go past BodyShock then it's the one on the right up the stairs, frontage is extremely colourful, it's on the first floor.
    I dont think they have a website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I second that, they do some great work there, don't copy ethnic designs straight but come up with new designs based on the traditional styles so you know your not offending anyones ancestors when getting a design done. Its called art tattoo just over cafe eyre.

Yeah one of them even does sheets of designs based on Polynesian, and sells them as flash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Giant_Killer

sweet, thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I second that, they do some great work there, don't copy ethnic designs straight but come up with new designs based on the traditional styles so you know your not offending anyones ancestors when getting a design done...
    There is a difference between Polynesian 'tatau' and and Maori 'ta moko'. Ta moko can represent familial and tribal lines. Whilst the Polynesian tattoo designs are mostly decorative.

http://www.tao-of-tattoos.com/maori-tattoos.html

http://www.tao-of-tattoos.com/polynesian-tattoos.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

its megel or marko.. they are amazing.. pricy but your gunna be paying for the straightis lines going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Try the Italians in Art tattoo in Temple Bar, one of them does some really nice island work.
    ;)

sorry.. ment to say that megel and marko are the lads in arttattoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Isadora

John in Celestial Ring Abbey Street or Wally in Stigmata Tau in Swords.

actually john has bein doing me mate rochies leg.. its looking fuppin savage.

Advertisement