Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

program installation in college

• 18-09-2006 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

sorry if this is the wrong forum.
    I am trying to install PokerStars on the computer at college, but it wont let me save it to the progam files directory.
    Its windows 2000 professional.
    I dont really know what im doing so if anyone could point me in the right direction or tell me how to get around the system id be grateful.

although im not sure if it can be done???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Is it a college computer? If so program installation is probably blocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

yep its a college computer. is there anyway to get around it and install programs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

YES but,
    it's academic because if you did install it, you would get caught and you would not be allowed to use college computers afterwards, or maybe even the college

consider that the fines for dodgy software are in the order of €127,000 and you a feel how much they like people to install any software on their PC's

In other words

NO !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Would you like someone installing crap on your PC without your permission?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Stephen wrote:
    Would you like someone installing crap on your PC without your permission?

Yes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement