Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 10 on Sky One

• 18-09-2006 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me when season 10 will start on sky one??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Some time in October.
    About three weeks time I think.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

October the 18th URL="http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/new_seasons_start_october_18_in_.shtml"]source[/URL:
    Season Ten of Stargate SG-1 and Season Three of Stargate Atlantis finally kick off in the United Kingdom on October 18, broadcaster Sky One has announced.

Brand new episodes of SG-1 will air Wednesdays at 8 p.m., followed by new episodes of Atlantis at 9 p.m.

Season Ten kicks off with "Flesh and Blood," picking up from the conclusion of the show's ninth season. Claudia Black joins the regular cast this year as the sexy thief Vala Mal Doran.

Look for Atlantis to resolve its second season cliffhanger with "No Man's Land."

Assuming Sky One takes only its traditional short break for the holidays, the second half of the season will make its world premiere in the U.K. SCI FI Channel in the U.S. will delay the start of the final 10 episodes of the season until March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

any ider of when 1011 and 311 air on sky 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

omfg, the word is 'idea'
    IDEA!

Once I can forgive as a typo, twice I can forgive as ignorance... but 3 times, you have to actually be trying to annoy me!
    sheesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Haha, not to gang up but seriously user what's up with the spelling?
    You said in a previous thread that you aren't actually dyslexic so I think it's a fair question. If you are just trying to be funny it's a pretty sad effort and it just makes me cringe reading any of your posts, no matter what the content is.

• Advertisement

Lads I don't want to have to excise posts to a Thundertome thread, so let's not gang up on anyone here, regardless of any perceived merit okay? K.

ixoy wrote:
    Lads I don't want to have to excise posts to a Thundertome thread, so let's not gang up on anyone here, regardless of any perceived merit okay? K.

No, but I do believe txt spk!!! and other such gibberish is against the rules.

i always spell ider like that because its funny and i know a guy who gets reley pissed off when i say it like that cause americans say it and it sounds funny

as for all the other words i just type to quickly and dont bother to check for spelling mistakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭nothing

Eh... thank you for the info :) el mucho appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

User45701 wrote:
    i always spell ider like that because its funny and i know a guy who gets reley pissed off when i say it like that cause americans say it and it sounds funny

as for all the other words i just type to quickly and dont bother to check for spelling mistakes

It's really not funny at all and all you do is make yourself look like a moron. I honestly had this image of you as a "special" child, that's why I was a bit wary about commenting.

• Advertisement

It'd be appreciated if you tried harder of course... much appreciated. Making my eyes bleed whilst checking posts is never any fun!

Anyhow, that's an end to this topic going off course for now, so we'll have no more word of poster's abilities or else I'll just lock the thread.

I notice Sky One are currently showing season 8 at 5pm every week day.
    They are currently at either Gemini or Prometheus Unbound I think.
    Does anybody know if they plan to air the entire season 9 again in this run before season 10 starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Does anybody know if they plan to air the entire season 9 again in this run before season 10 starts?

I don't know for certain but going on what they done last year I doubt it very much - last year SKY One said they would show "last year's season finale" (it should have been the end of sesason 8 where they travel back in time to ancient egypt to get a ZPM) but instead they showed the season 7 finale (the one where O'Neill gets the ancient knowledge downloaded into his brain and finds the ancient outpost in Antartica) they never showed season 8 again (until this year AFAIK) as I think its some sort of agreement with Channel 4 (open to correction on this) that Channel 4 get to have the "second showing" of Stargate SG-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 keith_kiki

hey nothing i have seen the new episodes and i can tell you there good, but unfortunetly stargate will not have an 11th season its the last season sorry

Kojak wrote:
    they never showed season 8 again (until this year AFAIK) as I think its some sort of agreement with Channel 4 (open to correction on this) that Channel 4 get to have the "second showing" of Stargate SG-1.

They did.
    After season 8 finished in february '05 I think it was. The show began again at season 1 in Sky's 6 o clock slot. It went on till the summer and season 8 was a part of it.

I know of the channel 4 agreement, it's not about them showing before Sky re-runs it, it's about them showing it before it's released on dvd...hence why UK region 2 dvds take so long to be released.

They did.
    After season 8 finished in february '05 I think it was. The show began again at season 1 in Sky's 6 o clock slot. It went on till the summer and season 8 was a part of it.

I know of the channel 4 agreement, it's not about them showing before Sky re-runs it, it's about them showing it before it's released on dvd...hence why UK region 2 dvds take so long to be released.

I stand corrected. :o

Hmmm...well. Moebius is supposed to air on monday so it doesn't look like they'll be able to squeeze season 9 in before season 10.

any word yet it canadaisnw ill get new SGA before sky or sci-fi again?

They will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

afaik (from the fthe few days i've sepnt at home and watched tv all day :D ) they show 2 different eps of SG1 each day. So they shud finish, or nearly finish season 9 by then, or juts keep repeats of it going while season 10 airs.

• Advertisement

So lads, what date is SG-1 and Atlantis starting???

I was watching the "best of Stargate SG-1" episode this evening fully expecting to see an ad for the new season starting next week, instead I get some bullsh1t about the match.

This is approx. the week last year Season 9 started (In order to get 10 episodes in before Christmas) and I was expecting Sg-1 and Atlantis to start either this or next week. Is the current uncertainity about schedules in the states also having an effect on the Sky One schedule???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

They start Wednesday October 18th, SG-1 at 8, and Atlantis at 9.
    they show 2 different eps of SG1 each day.
    That was just tonight. Season 9 just started today at 5, repeated at 1.15. Today they also showed a Season 2 episode at 8, and next week they will be finishing up Eureka with a double bill. When Stargate resumes on the 18th, the Season 9 reruns continue at 5 and a late night repeat.

They start Wednesday October 18th, SG-1 at 8, and Atlantis at 9. That was just tonight. Season 9 just started today at 5, repeated at 1.15. Today they also showed a Season 2 episode at 8, and next week they will be finishing up Eureka with a double bill. When Stargate resumes on the 18th, the Season 9 reruns continue at 5 and a late night repeat.

Thanks for that.

That's a shame...it would have been nice to have the two seasons run into one another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

That's a shame...it would have been nice to have the two seasons run into one another.
    Indeed. I've just gotten watching Season 9 for the first time, since the DVD box isn't out yet. Also managed to catch most of Season 8 that way.

The lack of Atlantis re-runs before the new season is also a slight disappointment for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Stargate starts in a week!!!!!!!! Both of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *do a little dance*
    *do a little dance*
    As you can tell, I'm pretty damn excited....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just saw the ad for them on Sky One today!!!!
    yipeee!
    Okay, sorry about that, I think I'm done now...no wait
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Okay, sorry.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Was it a proper ad?
    All I saw was the little teaser at the end of todays episode of Sg-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭cudman

the ori are bold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Well, okay. It was only a teaser at the ned of Sg-1. But still... Yay!!!!! I expect the real ads to start tomorrow, one week from the start date.

• Advertisement

still no word from the canadians?anyone know if they will take up the SGA this year again?

Advertisement