Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turion 64 X2 and Core 2 information

• 18-09-2006 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hello all,

I wasn wondering if anyone has information on when we can expect a bit more availability of Turion 64 X2 and Core 2 based laptops. I don't see much availibility of them where I'm looking and definitely not in the sub €1200 price bracket (which is where I'm trying to keep myself!).

Any news or updates would be appreciated!

Ta,
    JP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭irishguy00

Harvey Norman at Nutgrove is quite cheap ad has these two lappies on sale quite cheap with the AMD chipset

€1149 HP DV6021ea:

AMD Turion X2 TL-50

1024MB DDR2 667mhz

120GB HD w/SATA

15.1" Screen

Nvidia GeForce GO 7200

Wireless card

5-in-1 media card reader

Bluetooth

Dunno if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jpogorman

Thanks. That sounds pretty good. I'll try and check it out. I was thinking of buying from http://www.acernotebooks.co.uk but Harvey Norman sounds a bit safer...

JP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

That site is laptopsdirect.co.uk/ie i think. Looks exactly same to me anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

dont know if its happened to anyone else...but when i tried to order from www.acernotebooks.co.uk it lets you get as far as checkout but when you click "proceed to checkout" after all the gadgety tings come up to add to your order, well the screen goes blank then and you cant actually finish your order!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

fifib wrote:
    dont know if its happened to anyone else...but when i tried to order from www.acernotebooks.co.uk it lets you get as far as checkout but when you click "proceed to checkout" after all the gadgety tings come up to add to your order, well the screen goes blank then and you cant actually finish your order!!!
    I tried it there. Got onto gadgety things, then it went back to same screen but when i clicked checkout again i got to entering address details

• Advertisement
Advertisement