Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suit

• 18-09-2006 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

Can someone tell me if louis coupland actually make tailored suites or do they bespoke off the shelf suits fitted to your sizes ?

Is there any where in Dublin that do tailoring etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I have heard they only make bespoke for special customers (i.e celebs) but could be wrong. Why not ring them and ask.

BTW - Bespoke generally means completely hand made, made for measure is when they alter a pre-made suit for your mesaurements.

Maurice Abrahams (South Anne street) are one place I can think of that use to do tailoring, must be more around though.
    tvr wrote:
    Can someone tell me if louis coupland actually make tailored suites or do they bespoke off the shelf suits fitted to your sizes ?

Is there any where in Dublin that do tailoring etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Tyrell and Brennan are the best tailors in town imo. Do THE most beautiful tailoring, suits to die for. Based in Pembroke Street. Be prepared to pay, but well worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

thanks , i'll give them a ring , i presume its in the 4 figures not 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I think they also have a place in south william street...like a boutique ...near the khyber restaurant..?

If it's the same, I didn't realise that they did tailoring; the stuff in the window always looks nice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

They used to be in South William Street but moved premises. They are fantastic, because if you have a favourite pair of trousers say, they can replicate them for you. They use lining just to die for too!! No, won't be in five figures and don't be put off by some of the people they have clothed either. They are fabulously talented but reasonably priced for the type of suit they will cut for you http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/2006/07/09/story15611.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

A friend of mine who's on the 'not so tall' side.. bought a few suits in Louis Copeland. He picked them off the shelf, but there was no way they were fitting. They took his measurements and tailored the suit to fit.

So they will tailor it to suit your needs.. I don't know how much it cost, but it will cost.

Advertisement