Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal County Council - Affordable Housing

Options
  • 18-09-2006 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was wondering how long does it take Fingal county council to offer an interview after applying for affordable housing scheme? and what type of questions would they ask in this initial interview?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭the_batman

johny28 wrote:
    Hi Guys,

I was wondering how long does it take Fingal county council to offer an interview after applying for affordable housing scheme? and what type of questions would they ask in this initial interview?

Thanks
    It usually can take upto six weeks, but with all the publicity surrounding Affordable Housing and the affordable housing initiative I think there will be a lot of applications going in at the moment. Therefore it could take a little longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 dublin15

Hi,
    Myself and my gf applied on the 24th July.We got called for an interview on the 1st August. they ask about you bank statements , about your employment, your savings and whether you can get any gifts of money from family members! Its quite informal and you can ask any questions you may have about the scheme.We got approved on the 18th August and have heard nothing since.. hope this is some help...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

You shouldn't expect to hear anything for about 6-7 months dublin15. That seems to be the waiting list time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It took about 5 weeks for me to hear a verdict after the interview. You will be asked to present the latest copy of your bank statements, most recent credit card bill, latest wageslips and most recent copy of rent payments/other savings. They will also go through other details of your application form and ask which Fingal areas interest you.
    There are 500 people on the waiting list. I've been on it over seven months and have now reached near the top 100. Podge is right, usually 6-7 months before you hear anything. It's taking longer at the moment because the houses dry up over the summer months. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 dublin15

Hi Karyn,

How do you find out you're in the top 100 on the list, do Fingal contact you?
    Or did you call them?:o

• Advertisement

I called them. The general housing department won't tell you much but the sales team will usually be pretty helpful. I think their contact details are on the Fingal site. You'll only be offered a house depending on your place on the list which is why you won't be viewing anything for AGES.. there's no point in going around looking at houses when people on the top of the list are priority. I'll let you know if/when I hear anything else if you like. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Karyn wrote:
    there's no point in going around looking at houses when people on the top of the list are priority. I'll let you know if/when I hear anything else if you like. ;)
    It doesn't always work like that, I bought mine on a first come first served basis. The first come first served however was based on when you came back to them expressing interest in the development rather than when you turned up at the scheme. I still thank my lucky stars that I went home at lunchtime that day and got the letter, I usually had lunch in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭the_batman

jdivision wrote:
    It doesn't always work like that, I bought mine on a first come first served basis. The first come first served however was based on when you came back to them expressing interest in the development rather than when you turned up at the scheme. I still thank my lucky stars that I went home at lunchtime that day and got the letter, I usually had lunch in town.

Hi JDivision, did you buy recently? What area did you buy in?

All I know is that the people nearer the top of the list get priority and it would make sense that the sooner you get back to them the better I guess.. but you have to be at the top of the list in the first place! Did you buy from Fingal? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭johny28

Many thanks for your all replies...

I've got a small update. I received a letter from the Council just indicating my application reference number and note this is after 10 days.

I was wondering is it another 5 to 6 weeks to wait for the interview and then another 3 weeks for the decision?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

I had my interview after about 3 weeks and a decision after 6. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭johny28

Update:

It is now, over 5 months and I still have not got the first interveiw.

Is this the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

You haven't been provisionally approved after 5 months? That seems wrong allright. I'd get onto them. I was approved after a month I think. You should be continuing your savings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

5 months is definitely not right. It's normally around 4 weeks after they get your application. Do you know if they even received it?

Advertisement