Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islamist Voilence in the wake of Pope Benedict's remarks.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

i agree with the original poster in the sense that the muslim reaction was ott, having said that, i dont practice any religion so it easy for me to brush it off as an over-reaction.

The attempted assassination of pope jp2 was carried out by a muslim, who he later met and forgave......a similar reaction from the muslim world over this incident wouldn't go amiss.

ratzinger was in the hitler youth, it was almost a crime NOT to join, i dont think this constitutes BEING a nazi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

i want to retract my last statement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

The thing I find most incredible is how we've forgotten the simple truth that you cannot force any population to change its religious or cultural ways. We should know, we kept pushing back for 800 years.

It has been done but it's always involved lots of bloodshed and violence. We should know that well from the same history you refer to!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

neolxs wrote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neolxs
    Im sorry I dont remeber Catholics Burning Images of Ian Paisely or Church of England followers burning images of Mary In the streets! And I dont remember Christians flying planes into buildings!

well we do burn images of guy faulks this side of the sea every year, after actions tried to commit did many 100's of years ago.. I also remeber catholics bombing pubs and bombing parades and bombing markets and bombing offices etc etc etc.. but hey, it sounds as if you have made your mind already, maybe the protestants and catholics should be lumped with the muslims?

I would guess that the people who bomb abortion clinics in the states are catholics as well, do you think that ALL catholics should be judged on their actions ( killing doctors etc)???

Wouldn't bother me any, as I feel the primary propose of faith now day is to give an excuse to be ****ty to the next man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Kaiser_Sma

I think the most appaling result of the whole ordeal was the 'Pope's apology fails to change islamic outrage' (and the like) headlines in newspapers. Like it ever would.
    If the extremists get ammuntition they are gonna hold on to it, they were hardly gonna say 'ok that pope made a fair explanation lets just dose those pope effigies with water and call it a day'
    The titles should have been something like 'Hard line muslims unsurprisingly fail to like catholic pope regardless of what he says'

• Advertisement
Advertisement