Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Zyxel Unable To Ping

• 18-09-2006 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

I've been getting 'operation timed out' messages when I try to ping using this router. I've configured it for torrents, but need help in sorting this out. Thanks -

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What exactly are you trying to ping? The router itself or an Internet address? A lot of firewalls will block the ping command so that could be why it's not working. You shouldn't have to do anything special to get ping to work through this modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

Trying to ping an address like www.google.ie. I have disabled firewalls, but it still returns the 'time out' error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I presume the rest of your Internet connection is working fine though, just ping is not working.

Also, if you log in to the router admin pages, 192.168.1.1 in a browser, there is a diagnostics section. In here you can get the router to ping and Internet address for you. See if that works. If it does then something on your computer is blocking the ping command from working. Can you ping the router itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

Can't ping the router either. Even with Windows Firewall disabled.

Advertisement