Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford UK warranty - anyone got info?

Options
  • 18-09-2006 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Hi,

hopefully someone can give me some info here. I'm currently looking at an 05 Ford mondeo Zetec TDCi which was imported from the UK. Can anyone tell me what the standard UK manufacturers warranty period is for this car.
    Looking on the web it appears to be 3 yrs/60k miles, but I'd like to be 100% sure on this before I commit myself to buy.
    Anyone got the definitive answer on this one? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

gyppo wrote:
    Hi,

hopefully someone can give me some info here. I'm currently looking at an 05 Ford mondeo Zetec TDCi which was imported from the UK. Can anyone tell me what the standard UK manufacturers warranty period is for this car.
    Looking on the web it appears to be 3 yrs/60k miles, but I'd like to be 100% sure on this before I commit myself to buy.
    Anyone got the definitive answer on this one? Thanks.

Ford UK have a strange set-up where by they offer 3 years, but the second two years are more limited than the first one. My understanding is that when you import into Ireland it becomes a "proper" 3yr/60k warranty.

Your best bet is to ring Henry Ford in Cork and hear it from the horses mouth.

Out of interest, how much are they looking for the car? 115 or 130ps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Thanks Maidhc,

If you're right, thats the best news I've had all day.
    Its the 130bhp one, and it left me with a silly grin on my face when I drove it.
    The asking price is 24k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

If you import a UK car to Ireland it will be covered for 3 years or 60k miles.
    I imported a focus and before I did I contacted Fort head office in Cork who confirmed the above.
    The person I spoke to said the UK warranty is valid Europe wide and has to be honored in Ireland.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Thanks Neil.

Advertisement