Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K3b Bootable DVD

• 18-09-2006 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

I trying to record a dvd with a bootable image (floppy) but it just gives me errors.
    if i take out bootable image it works fine.
    using Redhat el4 update 4
    k3b 0.12.4a

or does anybody know a good how to burn DVD bootable with k3b
    cant seem to find one
    thanks

here is the Error

System
    K3b Version: 0.12

KDE Version: 3.3.1-3.14 Red Hat
    QT Version: 3.3.3
    Kernel: 2.6.9-42.EL
    Devices
    _NEC DVD_RW ND-3520A 1.04 (/dev/hdd, ) at /media/cdrecorder [CD-R; CD-RW; CD-ROM; DVD-ROM; DVD-R; DVD-RW; DVD+R; DVD+RW; DVD+R DL] [DVD-ROM; DVD-R Sequential; DVD-RW Restricted Overwrite; DVD-RW Sequential; DVD+RW; DVD+R; DVD+R Double Layer; CD-ROM; CD-R; CD-RW] [SAO; TAO; RAW; SAO/R96R; RAW/R96R; Restricted Overwrite]

JLMS XJ-HD166S DQS5 (/dev/hdc, ) at /media/cdrom [CD-ROM; DVD-ROM] [DVD-ROM; CD-ROM] [None]
    mkisofs
    INFO: UTF-8 character encoding detected by locale settings.
    Assuming UTF-8 encoded filenames on source filesystem,
    use -input-charset to override.
    Size of boot image is 2772 sectors -> /usr/bin/mkisofs: Error - boot image '/tmp/kde-root/k3b9VD5Ha.tmp' has not an allowable size.

mkisofs command:
    /usr/bin/mkisofs -gui -graft-points -volid K3b data project -volset -appid K3B THE CD KREATOR (C) 1998-2005 SEBASTIAN TRUEG AND THE K3B TEAM -publisher -preparer -sysid LINUX -volset-size 1 -volset-seqno 1 -sort /tmp/kde-root/k3bpFirra.tmp -rational-rock -hide-list /tmp/kde-root/k3baEuhRb.tmp -joliet -hide-joliet-list /tmp/kde-root/k3bKtWWdc.tmp -full-iso9660-filenames -iso-level 2 -path-list /tmp/kde-root/k3b3MY2ub.tmp -eltorito-boot boot/98 Boot Disk.IMA -boot-info-table -eltorito-catalog boot/boot.cataloge

Advertisement