Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Civic VTI or Civic Coupe

Options
  • 18-09-2006 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Further to last weeks thread I'm also considering a Civic Coupe. I want to know about the engine in the Coupe. Is it a VTEC or a non Vtec engine? Is it a single overhead or dohc?

Here's a link to a coupe im considering:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=451867

I'm also thinking of a civic vti. Is this car a 1.5 or 1.6? And again is it a dohc or single?

Thanks for your help.

Finally, here's a vzr i've seen on carzone. Would the fact that it's a five door affect resale in two to three years time? And how hard is it to shift say a civic SIR, VTI or a pulsar VZR in two to three years time? Will you suffer a big drop in what you paid for it in the first place? More so than a non performance car? I.e. your typical astra/golf/corolla/Focus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Civic Coupe 96-00 came in
    1.6i LS = 1.6L SOHC non-VTEC (D16Y7), 105bhp
    1.6i SR = 1.6L SOHC VTEC (D16Z6 ,iirc), 125bhp
    1.6i VTI = 1.6L DOHC VTEC (B16A2), 160bhp

The one in the pic looks like an LS. It has the skirts/spoiler from the VTI, but as the wing mirrors/door handles aren't colour coded it's not a VTI. Going on the light grey coloured seats it's prob not an SR either.

Can't comment on VZRs, but the top end Civics hold their value fairly well.

EDIT: Just looked at the price:eek: That's a VTI price, and at that it's the upper end. I reckon about 6k is the right price for that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

The 1.6i ls is the 105bhp model which is what seems to be in that carzone link. Ive a 1999 black Ls one, there a nice car. they have a nice spec, mine has air con/elc sunroof and elc and heated mirrors and centre armrest and airbags and abs brakes. They`re very reliable and nice to drive, nice clutch in them. My friend has a 1997 one with 125,000mile son it and its running sweet. There nice and low too as standard. They look well standard and even classer with a few subtle mods. Mines standard apart from angeleye headlights, the high SI spoiler, vti skirts and 15" lightweight rota alloys. Engine is left alone, which is a single oveheadcam btw. Has good economy too for a 1.6Litre, Just about to roll onto 50k miles,was a uk import and has full service hist. im thinking of selling it by the way. :D My model is handy-ish on insurance.

Ps: `99 vti coupes are making E11000 for standard unmolested ones with middle miles.

Might be looking for 11k, dunno if they're making it tho. I know of a '00 stock silver VTI coupe soon to go on sale, 70k miles, and the owner expects to get 10k or just under.

I sold my 7 year old stock (apart from Honda alloys & spoiler) black LS, 85k miles, just under 3 years ago for 5,800.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Vti coupes were also only sold in 99/00.

People seem to all of a sudden be gone mad for them.I had a thread up before regarding the Vrt on them which was rising by the day,that was about 3 months ago and vrt has risen 500e since then!

Most sought after colour is electron blue pearl

2yv556w.jpg

Ive seen them sold for 12k for a 00.

Also you can get a 1.5vti in a hatchback which is a jap import

• Advertisement

As a matter of interest the Revenue website (VRT bit) says:
    1999 Civic Coupe 1.6i LS is worth about €5,200
    2000 Civic Coupe 1.6i VTI is worth about €10,100

I'd say there figures are about right.

JHMEG wrote:
    As a matter of interest the Revenue website (VRT bit) says:
    1999 Civic Coupe 1.6i LS is worth about €5,200
    2000 Civic Coupe 1.6i VTI is worth about €10,100

I'd say there figures are about right.

But in reality you wont get an Ls in unmolested condition with low "genuine" miles for anything near E5200. The vti`s are near impossible to get and are being brought in from England along with decent ls models.

I paid E8000 for mine including vrt. I wouldnt sell it for a penny under 7grand.

Here's mine @ 7 years old, as I sold it in Nov '04. Asked for 5900, let it go for 5800. Only 2 lads phoned about it. 2nd lad took it.

Pb140264.jpg

EDIT: Aerial on back window was Nokia car kit.

Nice car! Ill be looking for over 7000 for my 99 ek 10 with 50k miles.
    How did you like the car, find it was good on fuel? It has a very small petrol tank, E35 fills it only 30 litres or something.There a nice car i find, decent over-taking power, not madpower by any means but more than adequate i find. Its very comfortable on country roads and the motorway.

45 litre tank in it, but the petrol light comes on when there's ~8 litres left, so I never managed to get more than 38/39 litres into it. I measured it over 3 tank fulls and it was doing 40mpg, which was amazing. 50% city, 50% long distance driving.

Good poke alright, largely helped by good gearing.

I bought the Integra (in my sig) as a project car, which needed a bit of work. The first time I drove it I decided I was keeping it and the Civic Coupe was going. The power, handling and noise are incredible by comparison. And it's quite raw and bumpy, whereas the Civic was very civilised. Tho it only does about 32mpg, but that extra power has to come from somewhere!

• Advertisement

Nice Integra, whats the new car you bought do you mind me asking out of interest. Another honda i hope :D

This! Accord Coupe 2.0i ES. Comfy (heated/electrically adjustable leather armchairs for seats), but not fast.

7_230610073.jpg

It is another Honda!! :) Sweet car, not too many of them around. Dont think ive seen any of them around my parts actually. Is it an ivtec? Best of luck with it.

Rare car alright which is one of the reasons I bought it. Have only seen 2 in the last 8 years! the 2.0 is sohc vtec, ~150bhp. The only other engine is a 3.0 V6!

Some pics of a nice black one here:
    http://home.planet.nl/~zee00101/accordcoupe.html

NSX-inspired rear end:
    waxedaccordsiderightbackhigh.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Re accords - how about the euro R

4002148.GIF

Gorgeous car and quick too

They're nice alright, but they just have too many doors! ;)

Advertisement