Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire and gaming?

• 18-09-2006 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

I have had clearwire on campus for the last year, I spent the summer away and now am back. Before leaving I could play World of Warcraft and other games quite happily with a ping around the 200ms mark. Which was fine for what I want to do.

Since I have come back I now get a ping around 450ms, but worse than that it is not even stable, constant disconnections and so on.

I have 4 bars of service, and have done everything I can in terms of updating my system but I just want to know is this now the service clearwire provide?

I been trying to ring them all day but I always get the overflow system these days. Quite frankly I only pay them for the service since I cant get a phone line in Uni accomodation.

Anyone got any solutions or good news for me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

DamoVOTF wrote:
    I have had clearwire on campus for the last year, I spent the summer away and now am back. Before leaving I could play World of Warcraft and other games quite happily with a ping around the 200ms mark. Which was fine for what I want to do.

Since I have come back I now get a ping around 450ms, but worse than that it is not even stable, constant disconnections and so on.

I have 4 bars of service, and have done everything I can in terms of updating my system but I just want to know is this now the service clearwire provide?

I been trying to ring them all day but I always get the overflow system these days. Quite frankly I only pay them for the service since I cant get a phone line in Uni accomodation.

Anyone got any solutions or good news for me?

This has been done to death in other topics. In a nutshell, forget about it. Clearwire doesn't go well with pretty much anything other than surfing and email. There is nothing wrong on your end. It's the Clearwire network that is mangled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭DamoVOTF

Yeah I saw some of them.

Any other options for people who cant get phone lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

smoke signals would be better than clearwire for gaming... :D

digiweb's metro service perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

DamoVOTF wrote:
    Yeah I saw some of them.

Any other options for people who cant get phone lines?

NTL or Chorus. NTL are on shakey ground at the moment, though. I'm sure Chorus will soon follow suit.

Currently, I have no problems with Chorus on Steam Based [HL2CTF] games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭DamoVOTF

Question is can i get this on university accomodation?

• Advertisement
Advertisement