Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator bullying on weather forums..

Options
124»

Comments

Hobart wrote:
    I dunno Con.
    No offence,Hobart but as I dont know you,never met you and certainly dont know your name,I'd appreciate it if you didnt use my first name on a public web forum,thank you, as you and I are not on first name terms.Thats not meant to be hostile to you but it is a request I am making of you now publically.
    If that comment is in direct response to my ascertian that the guy was in someway being setup to be baited or that a mod was trying to siteban him on the basis of of a very obvious personal bias, I'm surprised.
    It was none of your assumptions,It was a comment on the way I would and do mod any board that I have the privilege of modding. I elected as you probably know to mod only one board recently due to a busy schedule.

As regards saying that you did not have all the information,well thats seems to be a let down of language on my part.
    What I meant by that,is that I formed the impression that you needed a lot of things clarified and all you needed to do was ask me,and I'd reply here publically.
    As I understand it, you do not mod the weather forum, and therfore your statement of wheter you are going to change the way you mod or not is probably outside of the context of this discussion.
    It was a general comment meant to reflect my attitude to what I've read here and its impact on the way I'd mod anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Tristrame wrote:
    No offence,Hobart but as I dont know you,never met you and certainly dont know your name,I'd appreciate it if you didnt use my first name on a public web forum,thank you, as you and I are not on first name terms.
    That's no problem at all. BTW you are wrong. We have met, at a pth outing (i believe) many moons ago, but no offence taken anyhow. I think we should leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Just to let ya all know Hurricane Gordon...
    This isn't the weather forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

i dont get it... they talk about the weather?? :confused:

in winter its cold, and summer its mild... thats it, what else to talk about, just look out the window.. its dark atm :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

aye, if i want to know what the weathers like, i'll look out the window.

but hey, if they want to be like that, then fair play. on the other hand, have you seen those boys in the linux forum. now they are scarey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I can't believe there's yet another wagon circle of moderators bullying this poor innocent user. It's a disgrace. Of course I haven't read any of their arguments to why he was banned or investigated anything to back up my outrage, but I assume that the cabal of moderators are in the wrong because cabals are bad!

STOP INTERNET BULLYING NOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

hmmmm cabals tastey tastey lamb cabals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Amz wrote:
    So it'll either snow, or it won't.

Ahh, you are only 50% right there.

Perdicting the weather in advance of any long term forcast would, in large, be based on previous years events (which clearly don't support your previous 50/50 likelyhood statement), "feeling it in your bones" and/or dreams where Jesus tells you it will snow on christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The OP issue has been answered, maybe this should be closed now?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement