Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL is a joke

• 18-09-2006 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭

Seriously, right now I'm pinging 110 average to boards.ie on a 2meg/384 connection. Some nights it disconnects me every half an hour randomly. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm on the Sligo bandwidth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Cina wrote:
    Seriously, right now I'm pinging 110 average to boards.ie on a 2meg/384 connection. Some nights it disconnects me every half an hour randomly. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm on the Sligo bandwidth
    Did you get those connection speeds from the modem?
    If you did, it looks like you're line is setup for a 3meg/384 connection but your line can't handle it or there is something in your house connected to the phone line that's causing interference. If you were setup for a 2meg connection it would read 2meg/256. Your modem is trying to sync at the best speed it can but not too successfully it would seem.
    Are you far from the exchange?
    Try disconnecting everything from the phone line and plug the modem into the socket without a filter. See if it improves.
    If there is no improvement you may need to downgrade to a 2 meg connection to get it stable.

Advertisement