Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What the hell is wrong with vodafone

• 18-09-2006 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

ive been sent 2 pictures via MMS over the last day or so and neither of them have gotten to me.. its not the only time this has happened and its fairly rediculous.. the gprs logo comes up on my screen and it looks as if its about to come through but it never does.. gettin sick of it

can someone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Tried turning the phone off and on again? Tried the SIM in a different handset? Tried logging a ticket with Vodafone Tech? Is this only from one phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

ciaranfo wrote:
    Tried turning the phone off and on again? Tried the SIM in a different handset? Tried logging a ticket with Vodafone Tech? Is this only from one phone?
    1)yes...
    2)no other handset that can take mms on me...
    3)ticket?..
    4)no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

A ticket - ring Vodafone. Tell them about your problem. Tell them you've tried everything and ask them to escalate it to their technical team.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GenericName

So the following is correct?..
    A number submits MMS message to MMSC. No errors.
    B number (you) sees the GPRS logo but message does not download.

MMS sending and (immediate) retrieval goes in the following way:
    1. A -> MMSC: MMS send request over WAP/GPRS
    2. MMSC -> B: MMSC sends SMS message to B. This tells B he has MMS waiting and where to retrieve it from.
    3. B -> MMS: B sends HTTP GET to MMSC to attempt to retrieve the message.
    4. MMSC -> B: MMSC sends download confirmation to B.
    5. B-> MMSC: On successful download B sends confirmation to MMSC
    6. MMSC -> A: MMSC sends delivery report to A

It appears that your problem is occurring during stage 3. Your phone is attempting to open a GPRS connection and retrieve the message using WAP. Up to this point in the process your phone has not been using GPRS/WAP and since plenty of other people are able to retrieve MMS, we can conclude that the problem is with your phone's MMS/GPRS settings.

Can you see the message in your inbox?
    What make/model of phone are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Steoob wrote:
    can someone help?

I think you need help alright.. You are a little excitable it seems.

If you call Vodafone, they will tell you how to fix it in less time that it took you to post this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chelle78

Steoob wrote:
    ive been sent 2 pictures via MMS over the last day or so and neither of them have gotten to me.. its not the only time this has happened and its fairly rediculous.. the gprs logo comes up on my screen and it looks as if its about to come through but it never does.. gettin sick of it

can someone help?

the same thing happened me a few times, i rang vodafone and they resend me the correct setting, sense then ive had no problems.
    If you go to www.vodafone.ie and go to the photo album enter ur pass word that came in the text and ull be able to view ur pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

i usually dont have to to do any of this tho.. usually the picture just comes in a message as it should like.. :-( i'll ring vodafone now i guess even tho ive had problems similar to this before and with no attempt by them to fix them

Advertisement