Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

that oh so familiar topic

• 19-09-2006 4:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

right,

this one has always tickled me pink so i'd like to find other peoples views on the topic.

basically dreaming of Sex / Sexual desire in dreams.

these range from intercourse itself to nudity and even stuff as innocent as kissing?

I've read before that dreams involving sex are often not due to sexual desire but a change in ones relationship with someone. is that correct?

and kissing, this is a desire to move forward with a person or get to know them better?

all very bague i know (well, they were vague descriptions in the little book i read)

opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Actually,I've read that dreaming of sex with a person of the opposite sex can mean that you are learning to appreciate/need to try and embrace the other more feminine/masculine side of your personality.

If you dream of sex with a same sex partner,it can mean that you are at ease with yourself. Self-appreciation etc.

However,that is only one aspect to it. Dreams are quite complex. If you are having sex with someone in your dream,think about who they really are. Most people who appear in our dreams are "composite characters". They may look like one person but possess traits of a different person in our lives.

Having sex in a dream doesn't necessarily mean that you want to sleep with the person involved,or even get to know them. It could be something completely random about them that's on your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

No idea what it means but I've had some FAIIIIIIRLY strange sex dreams in my time!! I wake up almost disgusted with myself....! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

I find I wake up quite happy when I have those sort of dreams :D
    I don't think they really mean anything though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Yes, I'd have to agree with Merrick. I don't think we ought to read too much into them. Just enjoy them for what they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

has any1 ever been raped in a dream?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

How disturbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

j0e wrote:
    has any1 ever been raped in a dream?

Yep,by my therapist. Then I looked at the language of the dream and copped that therapist can be broken up as the-rapist. My mind was playing language games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

I have had some really disgusting and perverted dreams, which I find very disturbing, and acts I would never do. I also have a lot of sexually frustrating dreams, where I'm on the brink of an orgasm but it just won't happen.

Then again I had a lovely dream where my first love (we never went out together per se it was a wonderful, innocent teenage romance, but the depth of feeling was genuine) kissed me and it felt so real, just to add that he died at the age of 26 and I had the dream two years later and in the dream I knew he was dead, it felt like to me that he came back to kiss me goodbye.

I don't know if I have had nice sexual dreams, I can't remember them at the moment.

Advertisement