Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R & H Hall INfErnO!!

Options
  • 19-09-2006 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭

Anyone else see this, this morning? (how could you miss it :eek: )
    Looked amazing if you're looking out from town, was tempted to park up and gawk at it all day :D

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It's not the R&H Hall building, it's the one just behind it. I have a few cameraphone snaps I'll post up later; anybody heard what happened?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

(Pinched from someone's LiveJournal - take a look, they have pictures)

RTE report on the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I could see the smoke from the train station in Glounthaune!
    (not that impressive, you can see right up the river basin)

You can smell the smoke from the train as you approach the skew bridge.
    It looks like there's a lot of damage - mostly right at the top of the silos
    and in the structures at the top. It seems to be contained within the building though.

There are a few pictures going around work, when I get mine copied across from my phone I'll post them all up. Looks like some severe damage to the building from some of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I was driving in from Cobh just after 09.00 - the smoke could be seen for miles. As I was driving along by Silversprings the smoke was quite thick, coming across the river, so as I was stuck in slow moving traffic, breathing in the smoke. As I drove along the dock area (opposite side of the fire) I could see about 5 fire engines. It must have been about 09.25 at that stage and the smoke was still quite heavy. No flames then, just smoke. And at that moment REM start singing on the radio - "It's the end of the world as we know it......." - the day can only get better, right?!* Dying to hear more updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Judes wrote:
    - "It's the end of the world as we know it......."

that's gas - just as I got off the train I heard that on the radio. funny out.

I'm kicking myself I didn't take any photos from the train station.

Here's the ones going around work. Wont be able to upload my pics until lunchtime as I need my IrDA adapter. Got a couple of good ones though so it'll be worth the wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

• Advertisement

...and here are my cameraphone pics (slightly touched up in Photoshop to remove the pixellation).

Advertisement