Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Fixtures - Week 3

• 19-09-2006 9:08am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

One ver big match Day 3 game for me and thats Roma -v- Inter. Its gona be a tough one. These to teams are going for the title. I'm gona go with Inter becasue of the last few meetings and becaue Inter need a good win.

Match is on life on Setanta.

Sicilian rivals resume Serie A rivalry. Could also be very interesing

Full fixtuers

19:30 UK AC Milan v Ascoli San Siro
    19:30 UK Atalanta v Empoli Atleti Azzurri d'Italia
    19:30 UK Cagliari v Livorno Sant'Elia
    19:30 UK Chievo Verona v Lazio Bentegodi
    19:30 UK Fiorentina v Parma Artemio Franchi
    19:30 UK Messina v Reggina Stadio San Filippo
    19:30 UK Palermo v Catania Calcio Renzo Barbera
    19:30 UK Roma v Inter Milan Olimpico
    19:30 UK Sampdoria v Udinese Luigi Ferraris
    19:30 UK Torino v Siena Delle Alpi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Roma should win the big match. They've certainly started the season well and also have home advantage. Totti seems to be Roma's main striker again this season with Montella constantly injured and Vucinic injured too. If that's the case it'll be a packed out midfield. Cambiasso is out for Inter too. I can't see anything but a Roma win. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

If AC Milan win, they will move out of the minus points i think, that will be a good achievement to have it done quicky enough, think they can be real contenders this season, oliviera seems to be a good signing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

eirebhoy wrote:

I can't see anything but a Roma win. :)

I wish it wasnt so but your probably right. A good result for Inter would be a draw.

If AC Milan win, they will move out of the minus points i think, that will be a good achievement to have it done quicky enough, think they can be real contenders this season, oliviera seems to be a good signing

Yeah 3 wins out of 3 means 9 points!

But at this stage of the season they havent had any real hard games. If they had of played the likes of Roma or Iinter it could have been a different story.

AC will drop points over the season and this is were the other 8 points will realy come in to it.

Oliviera looks a good player all right. But I've heard if he gets in a mood that could be the end of him. He got fined €1m a while ago for not going to preseason or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

kearnsr wrote:
    But at this stage of the season they havent had any real hard games.

In fairness away in the Tardini to Parma could have been a hard game, almost was when we had the now customary Dida brain shutdown!

I haven't as of yet been totally convinced by Oliviera, I think he looks ordinary. Maybe thats because I have had years of bliss watching Sheva but at least we still have the legend that is super pipo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

iregk wrote:
    In fairness away in the Tardini to Parma could have been a hard game, almost was when we had the now customary Dida brain shutdown!

I haven't as of yet been totally convinced by Oliviera, I think he looks ordinary. Maybe thats because I have had years of bliss watching Sheva but at least we still have the legend that is super pipo.

That was a terrible game. Parama looked good the Sunday before and I liked the look of them. But this week they could hardly pass the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

kearnsr wrote:
    Match is on life on Setanta.

it is also on Bravo for those without Setanta

Mossy Monk wrote:
    it is also on Bravo for those without Setanta

Yeah sorry should've mention that as well!

kearnsr wrote:
    That was a terrible game. Parama looked good the Sunday before and I liked the look of them. But this week they could hardly pass the ball.

Agreed it wasn't a great game but it was that bad either. Parma were dire on Sunday but have been good before then. Hence why I said could have been a difficult encounter!

iregk wrote:
    Agreed it wasn't a great game but it was that bad either. Parma were dire on Sunday but have been good before then. Hence why I said could have been a difficult encounter!

Parma will surpirse a few people. I think the have a good keeper. I like Paci. I think he has done well since he came in. Guerella is sold in mid field. Morfieo has a sweet left foot (his pass with the out side of the left foot to Budan was unreal in the fist 20 mins or so).

If they can get some one to score often and organise their team they'll get European football net year

Have to say what a win for Inter!

Brillant game. Only down side was the peno and sending off.

Forza Inter!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Who was left back for inter towards the end? One of his clearance's hit Spaletti right in the face lol. Good game, great fun to watch.

Excellent game. Roma created very few clear cut chances and Inter deserved the win. I'm Delighted for Crespo, super goal.

Who was left back for inter towards the end? One of his clearance's hit Spaletti right in the face lol. Good game, great fun to watch.

The lads name is Maxwell. Played for Ajax for a couple of years and that was his Inter debut last night.

Post match review

Series A: Inter beat Roma as Palermo go top

MILAN, Sept 20 (Reuters) - Palermo went clear at the top of Serie A with a 5-3 derby win over Catania on Wednesday while Inter Milan beat AS Roma 1-0 in the capital.

Palermo came from behind to trounce visiting Catania, in the first top flight derby between the two Sicilian clubs, making it three wins out of three for Francesco Guidolin's side.

A 44th minute goal from Argentina striker Hernan Crespo gave Inter Milan, who are third with seven points, victory at the Olympic stadium although they had French midfielder Patrick Vieira sent off for the second time this season.

Another Sicilian club, Messina, are in second place, on seven points, after a goal in each half by Christian Rigano gave them a 2-0 home victory over Reggina.

AC Milan picked up their third straight win with a 68th minute header from Czech international Marek Jankulovski earning them a 1-0 victory over Ascoli at San Siro.

Milan have now wiped out the eight-point penalty imposed on them by a sports tribunal and have one point.

Fans clashed before the start of the Sicilian derby while on the field Palermo suffered an early setback when Giorgio Corono's fine individual goal gave Catania a 27th minute lead.

But within a minute Palermo drew level through Giovanni Tedesco and Brazilian Fabio Simplicao then put them ahead two minutes after the break.

A Eugenio Corini penalty and goals by Brazilian Amauri and Italy defender Andrea Barzagli made sure of victory for Palermo.

"It is a fantastic win and we are absolutely delighted with a splendid performance," said coach Guidolin.

Inter were on top from the outset in Rome with Crespo's solo effort giving them a deserved lead before Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic missed a penalty and Argentine Javier Zanetti hit the post.

Vieira, who was sent off in the Champions League defeat by Sporting Lisbon earlier this month, was dismissed in injury time for a second bookable offence.

Milan also had plenty of chances to wrap up their game against Ascoli but almost ended up having to accept a point.

Jankulovski produced a fine header as he latched on to a superb floated pass from Andrea Pirlo to break the deadlock for Milan after Filippo Inzaghi had missed a great chance.

Brazilian Kaka then wasted a perfect chance to make it 2-0 before Milan suffered a late scare as Ascoli's Ukrainian Viktor Boudianski hit the bar with a thundering long-range drive.

Sampdoria produced an outstanding comeback from three goals down to draw 3-3 at home to Udinese while Fiorentina picked up their first win of the season with an early Adrian Mutu goal giving them a 1-0 victory over visitors Parma.

Fiorentina, who had a 19 point penalty imposed on them at the start of the season as a result of Italy's match-fixing scandal, are now on minus 16 at the bottom of the table.

Lazio, who got an 11-point penalty from the tribunal which investigated the match-fixing claims, are now on minus eight after a Massimo Oddo penalty gave them a 1-0 win at Chievo.

Good win for inter alright. Milan also moved into the positive points bracket with their 3rd on the bounce courtesy of ex udinese man Marek Jankalouski. 6 points behind Inter now is good going and for me this league is still wide open!

Palermo still the early pace setters after what seems to be a cracker of a game 5-3 over Catania. Incidentally as I dont subscribe to Setanta on sky digital (no ntl out my way) I missed the Inter game but watched the Serie B game between Spezia and Verona, Spezia newly promoted winning 1-0. Man what a game that was! The quality was superb particularly from Spezia who put together some class one touch attacking moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

This looks like it will be a very exciting season alright. I'm delighted that Milan have made it out of minus points already. Milan are 12th in the table on 1 point, which is 5 behind Roma, 6 behind Inter and 9 behind pace setters Palermo. It's good to be on maximum points at this stage as the wins against Lazio and Parma could turn out to be very crucial later on in the season.

Inter had a great win yesterday and it was fully deserved as well. Here's hoping that Roma will be as abject against Milan when they play, but that they'll turn on the style against Inter in the return match. :p

iregk wrote:
    Palermo still the early pace setters after what seems to be a cracker of a game 5-3 over Catania.
    They won 4-3 on the opening day with 2 superb goals in that game too. They seem like an exciting team this season. :)

eirebhoy wrote:
    They won 4-3 on the opening day with 2 superb goals in that game too. They seem like an exciting team this season. :)

They had a good leauge last year but couldnt keep up the paces. I see that happening again.

Dont like the pink jerseys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

I watched the AC match last they are looking really strong. Great header by Jankulovski with a lovley pass from Pirlo to set it up. Could have been more if it wasnt for Pagliuca & bad misses from Inzaghi & Kaka.

I don't want Jankulovski going into the Ireland game full of confidence. :) On his day he can be the Czechs most influential player even at left back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement