Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pvc window - water remaining on outside after heavy rain

Options
  • 19-09-2006 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

I got new pvc windows installed in my house about 3 weeks ago which overall I'm happy with. The downstairs window is a bay window approx 9 ft wide by 4 ft high. I don't know if I should be worried about this but after a heavy shower the raindrops stay all along the bottom of the outside pane of glass for hours after the rest of the windows have dried off. I've washed the windows with windowlene just in case it was grease or some other residue but it still happens. It only happpens on the large pane in the downstairs window.

I've attached a couple of pics hopefully they give some idea. I want to know if this is a problem or something I should be worried about before I go back to the company and tell them about it.

Thanks a lot.

Ciaran.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

This may be bs,
    but one theory is that the glass has a special coating on it which should normally be on either the inside of the window, ie in the house, or else internally in the DG space.

The reason I suggest this is that we got some "warm" glass windows and some of the windows were put in the wrong way around.

ircoha wrote:
    This may be bs,
    but one theory is that the glass has a special coating on it which should normally be on either the inside of the window, ie in the house, or else internally in the DG space.

The reason I suggest this is that we got some "warm" glass windows and some of the windows were put in the wrong way around.

I had some windows fitted recently, fortunately the fitters left all the labels in place and reading from the inside there were several that read "Energy saving glass,
    This label to be facing inside"
    see attachment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

I had some windows fitted recently, fortunately the fitters left all the labels in place and reading from the inside there were several that read "Energy saving glass,
    This label to be facing inside"
    see attachment.

Great Picture

Inside where?:)

Mine are readable as normal from the inside

I got them back to turn the glass around;)
    If theyed had removed the labels, I would have been none the wiser:confused:

Advertisement