Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro in Limerick?

• 19-09-2006 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm considering getting the Digiweb Metro service in my house and was wondering what did people think of their service, particularly in Limerick.

Saw the threads on people going over their usage limits already, so i'd be interested in downtime, and when it's running, how good and reliable is the connection. Also do the installers do a good, tidy job.

I'm thinking of hooking a Netgear wireless router (WGR614) to their modem, and hooking up to 3 PCs and an xbox360 to this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It depends on you if the usage limit is an issue or not.
    You need to be able to see the RTE mast at Woodcock hill.
    Netgear, Linksys, Dlink all should be fine if you follow the set up instructions. Apart from Xbox the out of the box default settings may be fine. The Xbox might benefit from a static IP and put in the DMZ.

On a small network I would make router be 192.168.0.1 and the others static IPS increase by one each PC / Xbox. Then disable DHCP clients services and disable DHCP server in Router. Allows better setup of port forwarding to magic UDP/TCP number in Skype and setting up or blocking of specific stuff.

DNS and GW on each is then 192.168.0.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Thanks for that info.

The usage limit of 30Gb is not a problem as long as its managed properly, 360Gb over a year should be enough for anyone. People seem to be generally happy with the service as well.

Metro is handy for me as I don't want to install a phone line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

360Gb over a year should be enough for anyone

LOL It starts out that way alright.

Look im a long time nagger about download capps
    but digiwebs service is really good and i never had
    problems with them other then the download cap thingy...lol

If you think that the capps will be ok for you the go for it digiwebs
    service in Limerick was perfect for me

:confused:

Advertisement