Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire on the R&H hall Cork

• 19-09-2006 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

I kwow that this is a pretty major hub for IBB so I assume they are seriously effected.
    Anyone know if any other BB providers are up there? There is a rake of mobile phone kit up there as well so I would assume mobile coverage around the city should be pretty patchy today!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

when did this occur, my chorus gateway ( ip ending 240.1 ) was out of action for an hour or so earlier, from about 11:30 to 1am'ish or later. it had brief moments of connectivity ( as in 1 second moments )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭eoinok

tis not your problem JNive. Place is still burning by all accounts.

what ever operators have kit up there, are going to be in serious trouble. Could be a year before they are back online!!

is it a big fire as in, just the roof, or the entire building, and can you see the fire yourself or did you hear reports :-)

TUESDAY 19/09/2006 10:39:11
    Cork city centre fire under control

A fire at a mill and grain importer on Kennedy Quay in Cork is now said to be under control.

video clip Post a comment hot topic item related stories

A call was made this morning to the emergency services just after 7am but there are no reported casualties.

Six units of Cork fire service remain at R & H Hall on the docks which has been extensively damaged by the blaze.

The cause of the fire is unknown.

----
    from 96 fm

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

most of the phone and broadband equipment is on their other building i d sat as i passed it this morning and is nt affected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

No problems with the IBB equipment there.

Advertisement