Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with linksys modem and esat bb

• 19-09-2006 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

i am trying to set up my old linksys befdsr41w modem router combo for a friend.
    i put in all the usual settings

encapsulation 2516 ppoe
    multiplexing LLC
    virtual circuit 8,35
    username .......
    password ........

.it says the dsl is connected on the modem but i cannot access the web.i have the firewall disabled on pc .do i need to add the esat hostname, myhome.iol.ie or any other settings like dns server settings etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

mayto wrote:
    .it says the dsl is connected on the modem but i cannot access the web.i have the firewall disabled on pc .do i need to add the esat hostname, myhome.iol.ie or any other settings like dns server settings etc.
    The modem should get those settings from the PPPoE login, if you have entered the username and password properly.

Does your friends old modem still work? (I assume it does, but it's always worth checking). Does the Ping tool on the Line Test page in the Linksys admin interface work? What ISP is your friend getting the DSL from?

Advertisement