Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BY "V" Eircom

Options
  • 19-09-2006 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Thinking about signing up to BT. They seem to running some good deals at the mo. Only thing is im pretty sure you have to get Eircom in to install the line?

Anyone know if BT offer broadband in the Charlesland Area? Anyone using them and if so are they any good?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

As always Eircom Wholesale own all telephone lines in the area. You can sign up to whoever you like on the retail elements. Personally I'm with UTV Talk and UTV Clicksilver broadband. The phone offer of free OFF-PEAK calls to landlines in Ireland and UK is brilliant.

The deals are getting better all the time and its time even for myself to review the costs. I don't know how good BT is cause I don't use them!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Decks

id review ASAP. BT are offering a better deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 daveyo

yep no more eircom here, tossers.. BT 45 lids a month always on bb and free calls to landlines national and uk.. .. saving 20 lids a month .. much better than eircom robbin B******S. that includes your line rental and Vat too.. can't be bad now what to do with them other muppets......? Ntl... anyone any ideas ,other that the dishes that everyones talking about..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Decks

just saw that digiweb are offering an even better deal than BT!

http://www.digiweb.ie/broadband_metro_index.asp?i=80&i2=81&i6=90&zzz=hm

Anyone using them?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

I rang them a few weeks agho and they said that they only have the 1 or 2 MB bb line to greystones and no phone line connection.

It's limited but it is cheaper. Wait till it's fully out in greystones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Call costs comparison website here:

http://www.callcosts.ie/home/default.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

im on BT broadband and its great - 1MB connection and the speed is great. Just got eircom to connect the line and then transferred to BT the next day - €35 per month (DD every 2 months). you even get a splitter for a phoneline so that you can plug in a phone and receive calls (provided you have the will-power to not make any outbound calls ;) ) id definately recommend them.

Advertisement