Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal/Watford 1 ticket wanted

• 19-09-2006 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭

Got let down for a ticket for the Arsenal V Watford game on
    Saturday 14th October and now SOLD OUT.
    Flights already booked :(
    Anybody not using a ticket or have a spare one floating round
    let me know please.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It shouldn't be too difficult to get one outside the ground for that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

True but I'd prefer to have one before I go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Try our messageboard on our website someone might have one there maybe a chance

Game is sold out and we have distributed all of our tickets

Try joining the Arsenal mailing list details here

Might get one punter who will sell you one

Good luck

Tx IrishGunner, I'll try that.
    What is strange is the Watford game is sold out but there are still tickets available for the next 3 home matches Everton, Liverpool (SS) and
    Newcastle :confused: .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

okidoki987 wrote:
    Tx IrishGunner, I'll try that.
    What is strange is the Watford game is sold out but there are still tickets available for the next 3 home matches Everton, Liverpool (SS) and
    Newcastle :confused: .

Those games are all on sale to silver members. If a game doesn't sell out to silver members (none so far this year have, which is great because last year you pretty much had to be a silver member to get tickets) they go on sale to red members (which is basically a waiting list to get onto full membership). The Watford game sold out pretty quickly as soon as it went on sale to Red members. Can't be sure about those 3 games but I'd say maybe Everton will go on sale to red members if we're lucky, the other 2 will sell out to silver members.

With regards to getting a ticket outside the ground... has anybody been to a game in the Emirates stadium yet? With your membership it basically tells you they're doing away with printed tickets and that to get into a game they'll activate your membership card and you just scan that in at the gates. Would this guy really be able to pick up a ticket outside the ground?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

With regards to getting a ticket outside the ground... has anybody been to a game in the Emirates stadium yet? With your membership it basically tells you they're doing away with printed tickets and that to get into a game they'll activate your membership card and you just scan that in at the gates. Would this guy really be able to pick up a ticket outside the ground?

Most clubs are doing away with printed tickets. I went over to see Manchester City and Aston Villa at the City of Manchester Stadium last year and in order to get in I had to borrow the club card of a season ticket holder who wasn't going to the game. The card had to be swiped at the turnstyle. No one was outside touting and there ended up only being about 33,000 in the 48,000 capacity ground. I wouldn't go over unless you've something sorted first.

Most clubs are doing away with printed tickets.

I assume that's to get rid of the touts so they won't be able to sell the tickets on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

The only fans that are getting paper tickets are supporters clubs

We apply for the tickets 10 weeks before the game and they send the paper tickets to us. You have to scan it in

If you are a red / silver member you use your card to get in

As for the touts basically they have 2 seats and one tout inside the other outside. You buy the ticket with the card. Get into the ground and the other tout knows were you are sitting and gets the card back from you

Have not been over yet so dont know if touting is still prevalent

Going over to the Everton game and the Hamburg game. Red membership is suspended for new members not sure when it will be back up but worth joining it. Mind you I have been on the waiting list for more than 5 years and will only hopefully get a silver membership this year

Good luck in your search

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I've been, but only via my mates' season ticket. There are probably a fair few more season ticket holders who can't go, who will give their card to a mate to hawk it outside the ground - I went to a game at Highbury last year that way. It's quite a nice way to do it actually, it gets you chatting to the ST holders around you (or at least the one who loans you his mates ST outside the ground).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I've been at the Villa game so far. Some stadium, we'll worth a visit.

I'm delighted they've done away with the paper ticketing, it cost us red members when in Highbury, so much touting going on it was unreal.

If you do happen to buy a ticket of a tout and he takes his memebership card back of you in the ground make sure you note the membership number beforehand. This way you can email Arsenal letting them know you were touted a ticket, quote the membership number on the card and they'll cancel the membership. Voila, one seat for the scumbags to tout.

PS. If you sold one at face value don't report them! Only if your ripped off.

• Advertisement

If you sold one at face value don't report them! Only if your ripped off.

Very true.

I was outside the ground last year on the way to one of the final
    matches at Highbury, it certainly looks the business. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

to be honest i bought a ticket with me red membership card for that game against but i wouldnt sell it to ya for what money ya have, sorry, hope ya get one gu on the gooners

Advertisement