Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velux Installers?

Options
  • 19-09-2006 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Does any have a reccomendation for a Velux refit? I have an 20year old velux in the attic that I need replacing, possibly fitting another beside it, can anyone recommend an installer and have a ball park figure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

Most roofing and building contractors will do the job for you, last time I looked Velux don't have approved installers.

The vans you may see on the roads are Velux Service Vans not aimed at one off installations.

The Velux systems have always represented value for money in both their windows and especially their flashing systems, there are cheaper products on the market however in my opinion the cost difference was never enough to encourage me to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭AJL

Hi Pete,

I got some vista therm windows. Saved myself about 800 euros for 5 windows suppose to have a better U value and the quality looks good. Have you had any experience of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi AJL,

I met with the company when they first launched the windows, as a window I thought it was a good product, if memory serves correct they were using Pilkington K glass.

At the time I was not impressed with the flashing system, I understand they have improved the flashing detail since which should make it a good product all round.

The first Velux I installed was back in 1976 and it's performing as well as it did on the first day so old habits die hard..

I realise there have been many changes made by Velux since then maybe all of the changes were not that great, but they did set the standard and have the largest sales for roof windows in the world.

That said all of the other manufacturers must meet the standards set by Velux and €800.00 is a big difference in price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

AJL wrote:
    Hi Pete,

I got some vista therm windows. Saved myself about 800 euros for 5 windows suppose to have a better U value and the quality looks good. Have you had any experience of these.

it would be nice to have a % saving or the 2 costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭AJL

I think it was 2100 for the velux and I got the other ones for 1300

• Advertisement
Advertisement