Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hands up who's coming to the Lane?

Options
  • 19-09-2006 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Right, WWM started a thread asking a good question, who's up for a home game at the Lane?

He suggested a match later in the season, and I'm all for that, but once Christmas comes around, the FA Cup starts up and Sky start rearranging fixtures it can be hard to arrange flights in advance. I got caught once last season and it cost me €200...:(

For that reason I am suggesting our home game against Charlton on 9 Dec. Its a 3pm kick off, which should suit most for flights over and as far as I can tell won't be moved for European ties or the Carling Cup. We can always travel over later in the season as well.

Tickets go on sale to members on 6 November, so I need people who are definitely interested to let me know before then. To make travel arrangements easier, I'm requesting anyone interested in travelling lets me know by Monday 15 Oct (thats four weeks from yesterday) That should guarantee you the cheapest flights and allow us to arrange money etc.

Costs should be no more than:

Flight (from Dublin) €60
    Match ticket €60
    Train to WHL €30

Post here if you're interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Yep sounds like it could be a good one, date etc sounds good. I will put the word out among my fellow yids. Are you planning a day trip or are you staying the night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Flights already booked for this one.
    Day Trip

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Shane, what flights you got booked?

Hatch, I can only do a day trip cos of work, though I imagine there'd be some support for an overnight from others. We'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

GOING OUT
    From Dublin(DUB) to London Stansted(STN)
    Sat, 09Dec06 Flight FR206 Depart DUB at 08:10 and arrive STN at 09:25

COMING BACK
    From London Stansted(STN) to Dublin(DUB)
    Sat, 09Dec06 Flight FR293 Depart STN at 20:15 and arrive DUB at 21:30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

i'd be up for this ... probably make my own way from Cork tho' ... will need to check flights out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Count me in!! Definitely going to this. Have flights already for the Friday night for myself and my girlfriend so if you can manage two tickets that'll be sweet. What do you reckon ticket availability will be? If it's good, my sister and her boyfriend might come along too

SuprSi wrote:
    What do you reckon ticket availability will be? If it's good, my sister and her boyfriend might come along too

Usually I would say we'll have unlimited access to tickets because we've multiple memberships available, but I'm not too sure how much attention they pay to the name on a membership card when people are goin through the turnstiles.

John (Hatch99) used his wife's membership to get his dad in last week, he might be able to say.

Basically, if a woman can get away with using a blokes membership, you'll have no problem for yourself and your gf, and depending on demand from this forum you should be fine for the other two. Tickets should go on general sale for this either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Although I'd love to go, unfortunatel yI have to work on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Count me in too

Whats the sceal ? Easy chief, I aint married yet, give me some credit lol !!
    Yeah I got 2 tickets for Fulham game, got them on the main website with mine and better halves membership. Myself and the Papa went and nothing was said. He used her ticket which had Ms Bloggs on it and nothing was said. I dont think they pay much attention to the name etc on the ticket. If they did say anything, you could just make up a sob story !!
    I reckon it should be handy enough to get tickets for it, there will prob be some on general sale too so just make sure your on the phone nice and early on the morning they go on sale !!

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote:
    Whats the sceal ? Easy chief, I aint married yet, give me some credit lol !!

:D

Sorry John, assumed when you said better half that you were stuck with her and were trying to butter her up...didn't realise you could still back out...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

sorry, can't make it.

S

Anyone's who is interested in this,if you're quick you can get return flights to Stansted for €25 including taxes+charges with Ryanair. Offer ends tomorrow night.

Dublin Spur is out on the 8.10am but that's not available at the cheap rate, so I booked the first flight of the day @ 6.25am. Both of us are back at 20.15pm.

€25!!! Can't beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Should be able to get an all day travelcard for £10 - i did 2 weeks ago for Fulham game.

I have a season ticket i'm not using on the day - for anyone flying out of Cork maybe?

galinka wrote:

I have a season ticket i'm not using on the day - for anyone flying out of Cork maybe?

Kind offer Andrew, one we'll probably take up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Kind offer Andrew, one we'll probably take up.

Im definately up for this but what are the chances Id get tickets? Myself and the bro would go(first time, never been before:o ) and Id book the flight now if I thought there was a resonable chance Id get a couple of tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

join the supporters club - should be able to get tickets, match opposition not that attractive, game near Christmas.
    I would not book flights without tickets - often matches are changed because of clashes with Euro games.:confused:

Babybing wrote:
    Im definately up for this but what are the chances Id get tickets? Myself and the bro would go(first time, never been before:o ) and Id book the flight now if I thought there was a resonable chance Id get a couple of tickets.

Mate, you'll get tickets. I've got two memberships available, there's a few others on here and one or two season tickets available.

I'll pop you +1 on the list, worst comes to the worst may have to try and wait for one or two tickets when they go on general sale, but they will go on general sale. Book your flights if you're interested in coming.

galinka wrote:
    join the supporters club - should be able to get tickets, match opposition not that attractive, game near Christmas.

Membership closed for the season @ 70,000 members.
    galinka wrote:
    I would not book flights without tickets - often matches are changed because of clashes with Euro games.:confused:

Won't affect this fixture. We play Boro the preceeding Tuesday, its a CL week but not a Uefa Cup week.

Possible UC dates:

Group stage, Matchday 1 19.10.2006
    Group stage, Matchday 2 02.11.2006
    Group stage, Matchday 3 23.11.2006
    Group stage, Matchday 4 29/30.11.2006
    Group stage, Matchday 5 13/14.12.2006

Ok, definitely confirmed - 4 tickets required if at all possible. Myself, girlfriend, sister, and her boyfriend, so if they're available I'll gladly take them!!

• Advertisement

Just booked flights for day trip for this game ( Charlton 9th Dec ). Sounds like there could be a good crew going. We might even get a sing-song going at the Airport :)

Right fellas, roll call for Charlton match is:

Me
    Dublin Spur
    Hatch99
    SuprSi x4
    Altheus
    Babybing x2

Think thats everybody, but if I've left anyone out say so.

Myself and Dublin Spur have our STs, and I have 2 club memberships and a spare ST available for use. Can the rest of you let me know if you've access to any form of membership or not? Post yourflight details as well.

Also, anyone not going who has access to a membership or two, your help would be gratefully accepted (2 female members cards would be especially gratefully accepted)

Im in...going out at 8.10am, coming back at 8.15pm..Stanstead-Dublin etc..
    Its myself, Papa Smurf, a mate, and another mate who's a season ticket holder !! Yid Army Yid Army...All memberships etc used up.

Babybing x2

Sorry lads think im gonna have to give this one a miss. I have an exam the following day:mad:

Babybing wrote:
    Sorry lads think im gonna have to give this one a miss. I have an exam the following day:mad:

Sorry to hear that mate, best of luck with the exam. I'm at every home league game between now and NYE so if you fancy heading over drop me a line.

Updated list:

Me (sorted)
    Dublin Spur (sorted)
    Hatch99 x4 (all sorted)
    SuprSi x4
    Altheus

Got 3 more seats sown up, will get to work on the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

me and my bro are heading over to this. think we are on the 815 flight

Sorry to hear that mate, best of luck with the exam. I'm at every home league game between now and NYE so if you fancy heading over drop me a line

Yeah might do recklessone. Its sh1t like this that comes up everytime and means I havent been over yet. I made a vow to myself Id go this year and Ill bloody keep it if it means I have to swim the irish sea and walk to London.

Hmmm, things are not looking good for our trip to London at the moment. Our accomodation has fallen flat on its face and seeing as we're pretty skint, we are more than likely going to have to cancel.

I won't know for definite until later in the week but it's not looking good. I'll be gutted if I can't go though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bell & Hare Yid

Evening lads, didn't realise this place existed until a few minutes ago, pleasant surprise indeed. I've been looking into going to Wigan on 26th Nov but bloody Sunday kickoffs do my nut in, makes it so much more awkward than the old Saturday 3pm timeslot. Might be changing to the Charlton match instead. In the off chance I do make it over, whereabouts do ye pop for a drink round the Lane? I'd be likely flying from Cork or Shannon so would not be on the same flights as majority here.

• Advertisement

Evening lads, didn't realise this place existed until a few minutes ago, pleasant surprise indeed. I've been looking into going to Wigan on 26th Nov but bloody Sunday kickoffs do my nut in, makes it so much more awkward than the old Saturday 3pm timeslot. Might be changing to the Charlton match instead. In the off chance I do make it over, whereabouts do ye pop for a drink round the Lane? I'd be likely flying from Cork or Shannon so would not be on the same flights as majority here.

Hi fella!

Not sure what our plans will be for the Charlton game, I'm the advance party on the 1st flight out of Dublin followed by the rest at 8.10. Probably have a beer at Stansted then head to N17. My guess is if breakfast is required it will be the Gilpins, then on to the Coach and Horses before a stop in the Brickies for a taste of the pre-game atmosphere. If breakfast ain't required we'll probably skip the Gilpins.

Where you thinking of flying to? If its Stansted t'will be easy to meet up.

Oh, introduce yourself! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054982137

Advertisement