Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hands up who's coming to the Lane?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Can't go lads but just a quick recommendation. Have you been to the Haringay Irish Centre near the ground? The centre is just up from White Hart Lane British Rail station and the stop to get off if coming up from Liverpool Street. Super spot for decent Guinness amongst hundreds of fellow Spurs fans. Plates of pasta for £2 ! Big screens showing whatever live match is on. Highly recommended over places around the ground.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=pretoria+road+n17+london&ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=51.605918,-0.065746&spn=0.011301,0.042915&om=1

That link should show where it is. Essentially 2 mins from the High Road and ideal for the Paxton or West stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

jolly wrote:
    Can't go lads but just a quick recommendation. Have you been to the Haringay Irish Centre near the ground? The centre is just up from White Hart Lane British Rail station and the stop to get off if coming up from Liverpool Street. Super spot for decent Guinness amongst hundreds of fellow Spurs fans. Plates of pasta for £2 ! Big screens showing whatever live match is on. Highly recommended over places around the ground.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=pretoria+road+n17+london&ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=51.605918,-0.065746&spn=0.011301,0.042915&om=1

That link should show where it is. Essentially 2 mins from the High Road and ideal for the Paxton or West stands.

Good call mate.
    Also the only place where you can drink out of a proper glass on a match day.
    I hate those fcukin plastic glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

oh, bloody hell, it looks like i will be inireland for that weekend.
    bloody typical!

on the other hand, i live outside london, so if people are coming across and there are tickets going, give me a shout. my saturday or sunay afternoons are always movable.

also, had a conversation with a bloke at work last night, i think i may be able to get a box at the lane for arsenal match. although, i suspect it will be full of bloody gooners :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Right, couple of fallers so here's the final list:

Me (sorted)
    Dublin Spur (sorted)
    Hatch99 x4 (all sorted)
    sikes x2 (all sorted)

Anyone else who is interested, I'm not around for the next week cos I'm on my travles, but I'll try and check the forum during the week. If you want a ticket, you'll need a membership for the next ten days of ticket sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Hows a goin all ? I have'nt been on for a while due to the birth of my beautiful little girl. Baby Ava is the youngest yid in Ireland.
    I was just wondering what the story was with this Sat. Are people still going ? Im going over with the Father and a mate, and Im meeting another bloke over there who is going for the weekend !!

Anyone else still making the trip ?

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote:
    Hows a goin all ? I have'nt been on for a while due to the birth of my beautiful little girl. Baby Ava is the youngest yid in Ireland.

Congratulations!

You still heading on the 8.10 out of Dublin? If so, Dublin Spur is on that.

Cheers, Yep I certainly am...are you headin over too ?

Am indeed.

I'll PM you Thrusday, just off out door for Boro.

Sound, enjoy the game...3 points is a must..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 brozio

The two dave's shall be in atendance on saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I'll not be there myself ..but i'll be at the Bucharest game on the Thursday

brozio wrote:
    The two dave's shall be in atendance on saturday.

Excellent!

Haven't seen either of you in a while, what time you flying?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Nice One

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

hello all! on the topic of getting a group to go over to a match will you be arranging one after christmas? would have gone to charlton game if i could have got the time off work. if you are going over let me know when you can because would really like to go to one as have never been. cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Jeez guys, if ye got to see this one live ye picked a good 'un :notworthy:

Bit of a disjointed first trip over, never managed to meet Hatch and his posse but the two Daves joined us in the Olive Branch early doors for a few beers.

Great day out all round, been a while since we've seen 5 goals in the league (missed Everton and Villa, so was my first in nearly two years) but we've been due that for a long time.

Possession was close to 50/50 and they had as many chances as us, but we took ours whereas they didn't.

I've got to give the half time beers a miss, was late back for Berbs goal against Boro on Tuesday (was shuffling along my row but was side on when he hit it), and nipped down early to get a round yesterday missing Dawson's OG, late back missing Malbranque's...:D
    will you be arranging one after christmas? would have gone to charlton game if i could have got the time off work. if you are going over let me know when you can because would really like to go to one as have never been.

I'd liek to think there'd be a few who want to get over before seasons end mate, but I'll be at pretty much every home game from now on, you're welcome to join me at any time.

Dublin Spur has a season ticket, and so does sikes. they'll both be over pretty regularly.

p.s. if anyone wants to pick a game and suggest a trip, then work away.

I can get access to four memberships easy enough, plus a season ticket or two, so if you're worried about tickets either post or PM me.

Morning All,
    Yeah didnt get to meet any of ye lads but had a great day all d same. Went straight to the high road for breakie, followed by the club shop for half an hour, followed by pints and more pints in Bell And Hare.
    Great result, good performance too. Nice to see Malbranque bag, also good to see the 2 boys up tops score. Hopefully we can kick on and push right up the table.
    Quick pint after game nearly caused us to miss flight but got there with minutes to spare thank god..

Advertisement