Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***ene wants a Swear Filter

• 19-09-2006 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Link
    "At Arsenal we want to ban any songs that contain bad words," he said.

Come on man. Songs without bad words? At football? Are you serious?

"Brian Kerr's not a nice man,
    He wears a not a nice man's hat
    He's just a Pat's not nice man
    go away to Inchicore"

Nice idea ****ne.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Isn't White Hart Lane already a 'non swearing stadium'???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

"We're not Barcelona, but we're ever-so-pleased we're not Pats"

Nah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Anyone who swears at the Ryder Cup is automatically gonna be evicted. Lets not lower ourselves to that level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Apparently the cashely cole song was quiet inventive and good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

gimmick wrote:
    Isn't White Hart Lane already a 'non swearing stadium'???

Bo**ox it is.

Racist chants will get you chucked out, I *think* they may extend that to include homophobia or other extreme forms of abuse, but if they tried to enforce a non-searing policy the ground would be empty.

A whole lot of people swear at football.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Apparently the cashely cole song was quiet inventive and good.
    Post it, using 'non bad language' instead of the language that caused Mr. Sensitive Wenger to get so upset.

Don't use ****, but rather 'happy' and other euphemisms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

'George O'Callaghan has sexual relations with his mother, and his sister and his brother. All the O'Callaghan's have sexual relations with each other, they're a tight knit family'

Not quite the same ring to it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

In fairness to Wenger, what else is he gonna say if he's asked to comment on that type of chanting?

I'm sure he's very aware that swearing in a football stadium is part and parcel of the game but if the Club, which in today's world makes it a business run by PR men, has a policy of no swearing well then that's the line that he has to tow also.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I can't agree with Arsene on this one. He may be right in principle, but I can't imagine denying myself and others the pleasure of singing some of the highly amusing Cashley songs on match days. I'm sure they can be sung without bad words anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

mmm boring, boring Arsenal has moved from the pitch to the terraces. The politically correct police are out in force again, no bad words in songs what a joke, this could be Sky's way of getting people to stay at home and buying sattelite dishes by making going to football extremely boring. No swearing thats me bollixed, I'll be banned immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

patmac wrote:
    mmm boring, boring Arsenal has moved from the pitch to the terraces.

Where have you been for the last 10 years? we (arsenal) play the most eye catching fast flowing football English Football has ever seen so to call us Boring is such an understatement:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

patmac wrote:
    mmm boring, boring Arsenal has moved from the pitch to the terraces. The politically correct police are out in force again, no bad words in songs what a joke, this could be Sky's way of getting people to stay at home and buying sattelite dishes by making going to football extremely boring. No swearing thats me bollixed, I'll be banned immediately.

Did you even read the link?

Advertisement