Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

measurements for a suit

Options
  • 19-09-2006 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

does any one know if i can go to a tailors and get measured for a suit even if i am not gonna buy...? or is there some nicey fashion students or the like who would do the decent thing and measure me up?

I need to get measurements so i can buy a suit elsewhere...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Why not just get your measurements wherever you want ot buy your suit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

go into Louis copelands on merchants rd, they did the same for me and were sound out ( bout two years ago though )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

mr_disc wrote:
    go into Louis copelands on merchants rd, they did the same for me and were sound out

Have to agree,bought a suit there a few months ago,most professional service I got in ANY shop for a long long time.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭sinus

the prob is that i am buy the suit from ebay....its a vintage suit...so i dont want to go into some place and ask them to measure me and then not by a suit...seems like a waste of their time...but maybe some place offers a free service?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

If ya don't mind going a bit further afield how about eddie murphy in ballyhaunis? His a bit of an old style tailor, nice man too. I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing it for you just promise him you'll come back again and that you'll tell all your friends how good he is. You'll prob want to go back anyway great service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

sinus wrote:
    the prob is that i am buy the suit from ebay....its a vintage suit...so i dont want to go into some place and ask them to measure me and then not by a suit...seems like a waste of their time...but maybe some place offers a free service?

Buying a suit online is a bad idea ,especially if you want it to look good, the fit is so important even with your exact measurements it may still not fit right.I suppose you could always get it altered.

Advertisement