Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting a landlord for tax evasion?

Options
  • 19-09-2006 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

Lately, I've been working out all the rent I've paid over the years and plan to claim rent relief for it.
    I currently get rent credits for 2006 and hope to a nice cheque from the Revenue for 2002-2005 as I never claimed for these years

While I working this out, I remembered how dodgy two of previous landlords were. They were strictly cash in hand and no reciepts, ever! You know the type.
    I was a poor student at the time so put up with it and didn't know any better.

Without being vindictive how would I report these people for tax evasion and what would the consequnces be?
    Do I write a letter to Revenue, contact PRTB, Threshold?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Smiley101

You're supposed to keep receipts and supply the landlords PPS number when claiming tax relief. However, if you approach your local tax office, tell them you want to claim rent relief and give the details (the addresses, duartion of stay, landlord names etc), they should be able to follow up on the rest. More details can be found on the government webite www.oasis.gov.ie

Advertisement