Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet place to meet?

Options
  • 19-09-2006 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and some friends are trying to find a place in Dublin to meet on a regular basis. The group will be between 4-8 people at times and want to meet from about 6pm to about 9pm on week days. Basically it's to plan a production company we're forming and previous meetings in pubs have never been to fruitful :D So we were wondering if anyone knows of a small room anywhere that can be rented cheaply or for free, that we could use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

There's a nice little section in the back of the stags head maybe it can be reserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Toddy's Bar, at the Gresham Hotel on O'Connell Street is a quiet bar. No music, and it's never busy, except on GAA match days. Lots of quiet corners etc.. I'd highly recommend checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Thanks for the replies, but we were wanting to keep away from pubs and try and get a quiet room. If we go onto producing films and the like, we're going to need space to possibly audition or maybe even haul in a tv to screen test footage and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

jomanji wrote:
    Thanks for the replies, but we were wanting to keep away from pubs and try and get a quiet room. If we go onto producing films and the like, we're going to need space to possibly audition or maybe even haul in a tv to screen test footage and the like.
    Your best bet would maybe be to hire conference facilities in a hotel, which might not be so cheap.

Failing that, you could book a room in an cheap-hotel like Bewleys for about €79 for 24 hours. Not so bad if you divvy up between 8 of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

The library or the cinema :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Sorry - but how about one of your houses? Whoever has the biggest kitchen table?

The problem with our houses is that we live on different ends of the county with no one in the middle, so we thought the city centre area would be a nice middleground.
    The only downside to the cinema is that the films aren't long enough and we'd be thrown out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

The Gazebo in Stephen's Green!

Its free

Its sheltered

Its quiet enough

its a nice flakeout spot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I really cant stress this enough but there is a Statue of William Conningham on Dawson street near the entrance to the Dail and if you are with someone special its a lovely quiet place with a few trees to spend on a winters night in the city center....

you can tell I was in love once :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Grimes wrote:
    I really cant stress this enough but there is a Statue of William Conningham on Dawson street near the entrance to the Dail and if you are with someone special its a lovely quiet place with a few trees to spend on a winters night in the city center....

you can tell I was in love once :o
    Did you read the OP?

Or am I missing a joke? :confused:

• Advertisement

Did you read the OP?

Or am I missing a joke? :confused:

Yeah, we're not that kind of group :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Any of you work in town and have the office keys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TheFredJ

contact filmbase. the have rooms you can rent, when you need to do auditions. as does the ifi.

lightening wrote:
    Any of you work in town and have the office keys?

Well we may have sorted something like that. One of the guys may be able to use a porta-cabin thingy in a place he works, but we'll have to wait a week or two before his boss comes backl.
    contact filmbase. the have rooms you can rent, when you need to do auditions. as does the ifi.

Filmbase charge €90 for their rooms and personally I think they're a shower of b*****ds :D

Advertisement