Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mattress

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I don't know anything about that particular mattress. We got the inspiration from mattress.ie. They had some problems with their delivery firm but I think that was just a once off and we were unlucky. They guys were very good at keeping in contact and sorting out a different delivery date even though I was not making it easy (not living in the new house yet so noone there most of the time). The mattress we got is amazing. best sleep I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I have bought several mattresses from byrne bedding in Inchicore at a fraction of that cost and sleep well. They make them for all the stores and sell to the public, cost 80 quid up to a couple of hundred.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

dubtom wrote:
    I have bought several mattresses from byrne bedding in Inchicore at a fraction of that cost and sleep well. They make them for all the stores and sell to the public, cost 80 quid up to a couple of hundred.
    yeah but are they memory foam?? Not really discussing the cost of the matterss more the mattress itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

tred, Have you had a memory foam mattress before? Some people find them too warm and others just can't get used to the "sinking" sensation. They are excellent for proper joint support which is why we were interested. In the end we got one with just a couple of inches of memory foam on top of a more traditional construction. It gives us some of the benefits without completely sinking :-) The other thing is to check it is actually a supportive foam not just your bog standard stuff (that a lot of the cheaper companies sell)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

can i ask what would be considered one of the best brand in beds? i am looking to get a new matress but want one that is hard, dont like the idea of this memory foam. any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Orthopedic mattress might suit you tabatha then? Them crowd in the Sunday World sell them and they are good, AllenDale I think.

Tred:
    We bought the Memory foam mattress there and we have been using it and I find it spot on, definately getting good nights sleep.

We bought from http://www.topsleep.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_TopSleep__Triple_Layer_Memory.html and found it good, we got 2 memory foam pillows thrown in also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

We bought a memory foam mattress from www.komfi.ie (the deluxe) and find it great (have it for the last two months). They have a firmer option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

In the end we got one with just a couple of inches of memory foam on top of a more traditional construction. It gives us some of the benefits without completely sinking :-)

We've got one like that also, it's a Respa Gold, I love it but the Missus would prefer a firmer mattress. Even turning it side to side and end over end every few months I still find that it dishes from body weight. Will probably get a good Ortho mattress next year and keep herself happy!

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement