Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best real name ever?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

oh yeah forgot william pullen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭letterman

Two that I have come across in work,

Richard Shakeshaft

Fanny Strain

True.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

probably said before but

willie stroker - was on nationwide sometime

and

mike hawke - say pretty fast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I was in college with a guy that had Proudfoot as a surname. weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Wasnt Peat Burnes CEO (or holder of some high up position) in Bord Na Mona??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The head of the catholic church in the philippines used to be Cardinal Sin.

Mike Rowe. A kid from Canada who had a web site. He's a web designer so naturally he called it www.MikeRoweSoft.com
    Microsoft, however, is not amused.

It has demanded that he give up his domain name. In November, Rowe received a letter from Microsoft's Canadian lawyers informing him he was committing copyright infringement.

"I didn't think they would get all their high-priced lawyers to come after me," Rowe said.

He wrote back asking to be compensated for giving up his name. Microsoft's lawyers offered him $10 in U.S. funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

netwhizkid wrote:
    I know of a person called Annette Curtinm sort of funny, and there was that goalkeeper David Seamen!!

I was always amazed that Seaman would keep clean sheets.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I was always amazed that Seaman would keep clean sheets.
    ..dribbling out of the box.. <snigger>

www.imdb.com/name/nm0298046/ ;)

The Cardinal above used to welcome visitors to his archbishop's residence with the greeting "Welcome to the House of Sin".

Dick Assman

Dick Trickle

Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence

Ima Hogg.

Nicholas If-Jesus-Had-Not-Died-For-Thee-Thou-Hadst-Been-Damned Barbon.

Optimus Prime

Poppy Petal Emma Elizabeth Deveraux Donahue.

Rusty Kuntz,

Thursday October Christian.

Moon Unit Zappa

Zowie Bowie

Shirley Crabtree AKA Big Daddy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Crabtree

Depressed Cupboard Cheesecake -http://www.amazon.co.uk/Book-Heroic-Failures-Penguin-Readers/dp/0582417864

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?sortBy=2&threadID=5055&edition=2&ttl=20070205220144&#paginator
    "A prime examploe of a bad choice of name? Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's child's name. I wonder how many seconds it will take for other kids to turn: Shiloh Pitt to Piloh Sh*tt?"

One of my friends is a District Nurse. Part of her patch is in the not-so-high-class part of the town, and some of her "clients" have just named their daughter Chlamydia. Because they "liked the sound of the name". I swear you couldn't make this up!

My friend chose Luke as a name for his son, just so he could say "Luke, I am your Father".

One good thing about the current trend to use chavish names is that in 20 years it will be really easy for employers to whittle down a pile of CVs.

As long as teenage mums can spell the kids name on the benefits form, who cares?

The worst name I ever heard (and this is true) - Euryn. Do you think the parents were taking the p*** when they came up with that?

The funniest name I know someone with is Patrick Ennis, The first time I say some of his mail addressed to Mr P Ennis I almost died laughing! Classic!

When I was in banking there was a Chinese lady who had an account - Mrs Yum Yum Yuk (known afectionatly to the staff as "spit don't swallow")

I knew a guy called Neil Armstrong (really).
    Every time he said anything, someone somewhere went "beep".
    That must get pretty old after a while.

Ivana Trump's daughter : " Ivanka ".
    Ivanka Trump : that's how her mother got famous in the first place.....
    Think about it .

I knew a boy who went to the same school as me called Wayne - thats not an unusual name of course but his mum and dad were Mr & Mrs Kerr.
    Oh dear !

Shanda Lear http://www.slecorp.com/

can someone pick out the best names from http://f2.org/humour/language/oddnames.html please

I went to school with an Andrew Hoare (teacher would call the register "A Hoare!") his sister, Angela, was even less fourtunate............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kaalgat

My cousin who is called Jackie married into the Patato family so now her name is Jackie Patato which is pretty close to Jacket Potato.

HAHA!
    Brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kaalgat

Howard Sidebottom

sidebottom? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Guy in my school: Danny Steele.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

There's a coach operator I see around Dublin with "Michael Hunt" emblazoned above the windscreen, I always look at the driver and wonder do his mates call him 'Mike' :p

There's an accountants on the way to the airport called 'Pat Mee', always gives me a chuckle

-C

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

hmmm i've got a feeling some of these mightn't be real...

anyway a guy in my course is called Johnny suckmy****inghairycock.

True.

(I wrote True on its own followed by a full stop, meaning that it is definately true and cannot be disputed.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

wasn't there some situation once where a pile of unrelated people were invited to a mysterious dinner party and it turned out they all had 'bottom' in their name?:p

maybe i saw it in a film or something. hilarious if true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Ok then, this may be a bit risque...
    My mothers maiden name is Kerr, Her brother, my uncle you see, had a son, never really put much thought into the naming thing and called him Wayne.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Rafael Scheidt Celtic player who John Barnes signed for £5million after seeing him on video, lived up to his name http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,,543912,00.html

Also David Seaman's nickname was 'Harry' at Qpr. Which is cockney rhyming slang Harry Monk, I'll let you work the rest out.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭gingerGiant

Couple of months ago I did a bit of work for a Nigerian bloke who had only been in Ireland a few weeks and had little english when I met him he introduced himself as follows "Hello I Gaylord Bastids but you, call me Gay."
    The above is the actual spelling of his name as on the job sheet i had for the day.

I can't think of a worse name than Gay Bastids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

My initials always got a snigger in school S.T. Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

this one has to win it......

London Irish Amateur Rugby Club

Junior Rugby Chairman
    Richard "Dick" Smallbone
    (I know the guy he ain't the worst)
    and here is the linky
    http://www.london-irish-amateur.co.uk/officers_contacts.html

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Oh and another London Irish one was
    Tony Maloney

Didnt sound bad until a load of drunken tans started singing it to the tune of "Only the Lonely"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

once knew a guy called myles long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

Richard Power

or Dick Power as everyone calls him, (magnolia anyone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Hogmeister B

A man named Ufuk Uras was recently elected to the Turkish parliament.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,461 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There was guyin UL about 6 years ago called Eanas Boyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Working in customer services for manys a year gave me a few classics. One guy called Mr Glasscock, he pronounced glasscough. And Miss Sue Icide, a classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Welcome Bender
    Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
    Harvard

google it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭b_beep

Anyone else remember LC history? One of the earliest patrons (or something) of the Abbey theatre was Annie Hornieman, the class fell about in uproar at this...it was in the textbook. ooh, English novelist Fanny Burney is a tough one too

Advertisement