Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Applying for driving test cancellation

Options
  • 19-09-2006 2:26pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

How does one go about doing this?

Is there a cancellation list which does not need a 'letter from employer' but that will just be called at short notice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Brianweb

Why are you looking for a Cancellation?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

thats a bit of a no brainer queston Brianweb

miju wrote:
    thats a bit of a no brainer queston Brianweb

If you do not need it then it’s not fare to get it. everyone else has to wait for them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Basically as follows:

I have now been on the waiting list for my Driving Test well over a year. The NCTS gave me a scheduled date for Car Test three weeks after the cert's expiry date. My Driving Test fell within the 'expired time'. NCT said there was nothing they could do about it.

Knowing that the invalid disc could mean my test would be cancelled, and forfeiting my fee, I cancelled the test by phone, and as such freed up the slot for another applicant.

I am a postgrad student in UCD. There is no direct bus service between my home and UCD, and due to a chronic knee injury I cannot walk or cycle the distance involved.

I feel that I have been given the runaround by the system by actually playing by the rules.

Red Alert wrote:
    Basically as follows:

I have now been on the waiting list for my Driving Test well over a year. The NCTS gave me a scheduled date for Car Test three weeks after the cert's expiry date. My Driving Test fell within the 'expired time'. NCT said there was nothing they could do about it.

Knowing that the invalid disc could mean my test would be cancelled, and forfeiting my fee, I cancelled the test by phone, and as such freed up the slot for another applicant.

I am a postgrad student in UCD. There is no direct bus service between my home and UCD, and due to a chronic knee injury I cannot walk or cycle the distance involved.

I feel that I have been given the runaround by the system by actually playing by the rules.

aaaaaaaaa that’s more like it...
    Get a letter from a doctor stating your problem and send it in with your application. you will receive a ref number then ring them (D.O.T) and tell them you need a test ASAP. if you get no joy ring again, and again, and so on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Brianweb wrote:
    If you do not need it then it’s not fare to get it. everyone else has to wait for them.

Why? There are a ****load of cancellation slots that go unfilled. It's only right that someone should take one. Other people can ask for a cancellation slot too if they're prepared to sit their test at a day's notice.

I asked for a cancellation slot before as I had still about 2 months left to wait and it was looking likely that my test would fall right in the middle of my final year college exams. I rang them up, told them that I had exams in 2 months time. They asked me did I want to postpone the test. I said no, as I'd be moving to Dublin to start work shortly after my exams. So they gave me a cancellation slot instead.

Advertisement