Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I introduce myself to the board and mention a point of warning/responsibility?

Options
  • 19-09-2006 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm Aisling, Irish born and raised and living here for the time being.
    I found these boards while searching through google and have been intriqued in the posts for the last two days!

I'm so happy to find this board and the Spirituality board with some very level-headed and kind-hearted members.

I am a practicing medium and psychic and have a small development group. I love every aspect of the spiritual world and have been enveloped in it's mystery from a very young age.

I hope I don't sound preachy, but wish for others to learn from me something I did not know when I first endeavoured to find out about this realm of consciousness.

There are good and bad spirits as there are good and bad people.
    This is a basic principle.......spirits can (but not always do) retain elements of their human personalities.

I wish to urge anyone interested in developing their abilities, latent or evident to please remember one thing. You have to be very select about your intentions at each moment and to be careful of giving 'invitations' to the spirit world.

I would not invite complete strangers off the streets into my home. I also do not invite any spirits from the streets into my home or my energy.

I hope that this is received well as I look forward to conversing with you all in the near future!

Many thanks.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

A big welcome to you Aisling!

Nice to see another level headed person adding to the ranks. I'm with you on on all that. To me there are as many types of people on this side as there are on that side. I personally dont believe in the whole "good & evil" we are all shades of grey.

Heres hoping you stick around and get dug in - one thing thats pointed out to everyone is "Read the Charter".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Hi Aisling&M, welcome aboard, Sound advice there, hope you stick around to give us some of your insights and opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

Thanks a mil for the welcome.......I'm a little wary of joining new boards as you never know the way things will be interpreted from words on a screen!

I'll have a look at the charter...... :)

I look forward to chatting!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Well feel free to get involved as much or as little as you like - we are becoming a very social community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Second what 6th said. I am not long on here and have been made to feel very welcome. We can all only express ourselves to the best of our ability, and just contributing at times is a great help:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭secrecy_ie

welcome Aisling, it's a great place here to talk and I love it because, having had an interest in the paranormal since I can remember, it's great to talk to people who understand, most people I know either think I am mad or have misunderstandings about the paranormal. Again, welcome, hope you enjoy contributing here.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Hello from me too.:)

I look forward to lots of interesting chats and opinion...
    Its nice to have someone around who is a practising medium, as you can tell we are all interested in different aspects of the paranormal, some want to investigate, some want to develop.
    Cant wait to read more of you input.

ps... dont let the paranormaholics thread put you off. Thats the 'let your hair down, talk smut and chat everyone up' thread. Were only like that on teabreaks and weekends.:D

I'm a very real-world psychic.......the earthly stuff can be just as important and I love my coffee break chat!

:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Welcome to the forums Aisling&M, hope to have some long opinionated chats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

welcome Aisling,

I mostly just watch, listen and learn here.. no better place!

P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Aoide

You have to be very select about your intentions at each moment and to be careful of giving 'invitations' to the spirit world.

I would not invite complete strangers off the streets into my home. I also do not invite any spirits from the streets into my home or my energy

Welcome :)
    You'll get no argument from me on this point, I agree with you 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

welcome. hope to see you at some of the trips. Always good fun .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Hiya Aisling,

You're very welcome into the madness that seems to be this forum.

Great to see a practising psychic/medium about - might end up throwing lots of questions your way in time to come.Enjoy and as Katie said we're only bawdy some of the time

See you around the forum

Ladybird:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Pipp

Hi Aisling,
    Wow, youre a real psychic? Looking forward to reading your posts.
    Im a newbie too by the way:D
    Pipp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

I deleted this due to me being stupid

No comments you lot

Ladybird

Hello Pipp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TOM TOBIN

Aisling&M wrote:
    Hello,
    hi aisling,
    i have been working on an angel board for some time and wonder can you help me.
    I need to know if time here is the same as the spirit world,when they say today i think it's some time later for us, hope you can help,tom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Hi Aisling and welcom, everyone is really nice here.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bubblicious

hi aisling!!

i'm a newbie to boards too...being a psychic must be soooo cool...i've be fasinated by the spiritual world ever since i was little...remember Mizz magazine?? i used try out the spells from that every fortnight - to no avail however!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It can be more of a pain in the face at times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

Thaedydal wrote:
    It can be more of a pain in the face at times.

i agree im a bit psychic have done reiki one and angel healing there was a bit of midumship involved;) it can be a pain.i know what u said bout inviting spirits in but i dont :eek: they can be a real annoynce when goin to sleep;) but any spirits i have encounterd are very nice:rolleyes: .I hope to do a full mediumship training sometime in the future.where did u do your training?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Aisling&M wrote:
    Hello,

I wish to urge anyone interested in developing their abilities, latent or evident to please remember one thing. You have to be very select about your intentions at each moment and to be careful of giving 'invitations' to the spirit world.

I would not invite complete strangers off the streets into my home. I also do not invite any spirits from the streets into my home or my energy.

In what sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bubblicious

annoying how, if you don't mind me asking?? in the sense that you're never alone?? or just a general pain in the butt??!!

also..
    Car Mad wrote:
    i agree im a bit psychic have done reiki one and angel healing there was a bit of midumship involved;)

my mam does reiki, and i've been initiated into it...do u consider reiki as some sort of psychic skill?? just curious!!

I used to do the potions too! fun days! :)

In what sense?
    I refer to the use of any divinatory tool or seance or ritual or development without the forethought of protection in a physical, mental and spiritual way.
    This refers to communicating with spirits in general......

95% of spirits are harmless as are the great majority of the people you meet on the street but everyday precautions are equally as necessary when entering communication with the spirit world.....
    Hope that makes a little more sense.......I don't want to be a downer as having a conversation with the spirit world is AMAZINg and great fun (all respect given of course).......I just worry for people who may not be equipped either mentally or spiritually and sometimes physically to understand with clarity what they are doing....

I'm certainly not an authority on this......I'm a student really and the more I learn the more thankful I am that I have been protected in certain spiritual encountering situations.

Spirits generally keep a lot of their personality and characteristics when they pass over and as we all know......not all humans are good. Most are however and I would never put it off for fear of meeting such a one. I try my best to be protected in the ways I feel most comfortable.....and encourage a discerning and responsible attitude to others who wish to do so.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭scorplett

Aisling&M, you seem to be of the opinion that spirit is only in the form of deceased humans. This is in no way the case as there are a whole host of other entities that occupy the spaces between. And the same warnings and advice should go for dealing with thought forms, projections, astral entities, elementals, shise etc as it would for the deceased souls of humans animals etc.
    But then that brings about an interesting point.
    Some psycics and mediums will never encounter entities other than human ghosts/spirits/residues and do not consider those other entities as being entertained/attracted by their abilities or that they have a desire to communicate on occasion and therefore will never encounter them.
    Self belief and conviction is greater than any method or tool you can have.
    Also, I believe the people you surround yourself with also taint your attraction in the other places. When working in a rescue group I would never have been offered anything other than a person and when working ritual I will never be offered a rescue...

anyway Im rambling...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

annoying how, if you don't mind me asking?? in the sense that you're never alone?? or just a general pain in the butt??!!

my mam does reiki, and i've been initiated into it...do u consider reiki as some sort of psychic skill?? just curious!!

well most spirits will leave u alone if you ask them.Reiki is not a psychic skill anybody can do it.We are not the healers we just channel the healing energy.When initiated into reiki you can develope psychic abilites such as clairaudience,clairvoyance etc these are psychic abilities.:) note every one is born with these abilites just some cant use them getting initiated into reiki can help awaken our abilites.I am glad that i have these abilities and i am going to work on them some more.Since i developed these i cant imagine my life without them:D

I'm well aware of many other forms of spirit....I didn't think to write them all out but each come in different situations and require different forms of communication and preparation......there is not one type of person, one type of spirit and one type of communication. To cite all of these at once would be best in a book rather than a post on a board. But thank you for your input.

I said:
    I try my best to be protected in the ways I feel most comfortable

and was quite purposeful not to mention only one way of protecting oneself.....rather that the exploration of the individually most significant and efficient should be undertaken in preparation rather than post consideration.

:)

"Also, I believe the people you surround yourself with also taint your attraction in the other places."

I'm not really getting what you mean by this sentence......do you mean who you practice/discuss spiritual concepts with or those that you surround yourself with from the spiritual realm?

I'd be very interested in hearing some more on this......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭scorplett

Somewhat yes...
    I do not have a developed opinion on this just something of observation through experiance but yes, I do think that those you practice and discuss spiritual concepts, paranormal theories etc with do colour how you will at that time experiance things from the other realm... and also I think that in new areas theis is often more pronounced... sort of like putting something into a form familiar, recognisable and interpretable to the person experianceing it.

Advertisement