Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cisco isdn router config

Options
  • 19-09-2006 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭

yes i know all about google but, i dont have too much time to test and configure this when i get to the premises, so preferably ill go in there with a SAMPLE WORKING IRISH config, and basicly only have to test the connection.
    ideally part of the config will be to disconnect the connection after 60seconds of no usage.

can some please paste their running config here?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭cormon

interface BRI 0
    encapsulation PPP encapsualtion required
    ip address xx.xx.xx.1 255.255.255.0 ip address
    dialer string 014040321 phone number
    ppp authentication chap
    dialer idle-timeout60 time out after 60 sec off inactivity
    dialer map IP xx.xx.xx.2 name centralsite 014040321 map the layer 3 to the layer 2
    dialer-group 1
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 xx.xx.xx.2
    dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

skimpy as it get I'd say . Dont forget to globally assign the isdn switch type. The biggest plan in the ass I find with ISDN is with chap . If it connects but dosent pass traffic check your chap !!!! .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

ok cheers, will be heading over there later,
    thats a very simple looking config, simpler is better for now,
    i dont understand:
    dialer map IP xx.xx.xx.2 name centralsite 014040321 map the layer 3 to the layer 2
    but maybe google will tell me

one of the reason i asked on the irish form for the config was to find out the isdn switch type for here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭cormon

the isdn swich-type should be basic-net3 in Ireland . The dialer map statement basically just map the ip address to the phone number so when the box receives ip traffic it know where to go . Its similiar to dialer map on a frame-relay box . MAKE SURE the name of the box in the dialer-map statement is the VERY same as the hostname of the central site box.

The config I posted will pretty much bring up an isdn call for any kind of traffic you may want to lock it down with some access-lists depending on time off course.

Advertisement