Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan - Official

Options
  • 19-09-2006 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Latest from South Dublin CoCo is that the park will open on either Friday or Saturday this week :)
    They are finishin off access path

Its not open yet, so don't bother

JohnBoy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Crud, waiting weeks for opening and they pick the weekend i'm working,
    :(
    Still nice to finally see the place open, i work down the road from lucan so i'll try to get by on my lunch break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭asto

Ok, Lucan is due to open at 10.30 on Saturday morning, That hasnt been Completely confirmed yet, But we have confidence that the council will go ahead with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

ok so where exactly is lucan skate park? any buses go near it?

the 25a from westmorland street, It literally stops straight across the road from the park! And by the way, opening has been confirmed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

ah cool thanks for that man! cheers :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Great!!! When it's up and running can someone post opening times/days etc! I work odd hours so it'd be nice to know these ASAP so i can go soon!!!:D :D

ok, I will have opening times posted up here tonight, We have to finalize them first!

Hers whats going to happen on Saturday:
    We are opening the gates of Lucan Skate Prak for the very first time to the public,It will be free skate but everyone skating will have to sign a waver, We want as many people as possible to show up for the opening at 10.30 and hopefully have the park at full capacity to Count how many people will be able to skate the park at any one time, Please spread the word about the opening! Thanks!
    Asto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jelly man

dude that rocks have beenin pullin my hair out cos there was no skate park in this country and now i hear all in the same week that geory in wexford is gettin a park to ,but i need new skates cos its been 8 years since i have skated and now want and need to get back in to it cos i miss the buzz from skatin .so could any one tell me if the skate shop in temple bar is still there or even if they still sell roller blades:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

right lads just got the word, if your coming come early, cos it might not be open in the evening because work still needs to continue

• Advertisement

Can someone post bus routes etc to the park! I know they where posted before but cant find them!!! Or do you have a link to said thread??:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

asto wrote:
    the 25a from westmorland street
    thats prety much teh only bus u can get to it that go near it

Kenjd wrote:
    Can someone post bus routes etc to the park! I know they where posted before but cant find them!!! Or do you have a link to said thread??:rolleyes:

DOH! Should have checked this thread!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 will_c

has any one got any idea of what the park layout is?
    im gonna start skating again, and its cool coz lucan and dunboyne are within easy distance of me now...
    :D

There was pics somewhere but cant find them. i think said thread got deleted?
    ah no here you go!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054968523
    Get back on that board mate!!!! Lucan (and Bushy) best thing to happen in this country in a long time!!!!

thanks dude!
    lol il be on inlines...:D
    yeah i live in maynooth so lucan is probably the best bet...
    ill save bushy for the weekends :P

i went today to this place, its actually quite impressive.
    nice flow to it.
    cant wait to start properly skating it!

you have to wear pads in lucan from now on, as of sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

the pads havin exactly bein enforced yet but bring a helmet just in case. oh and if ur cumin from blanch the handiest bus is the 239 i think it leaves from the shoppin centre it stops near enough to the park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Phill Nolan

is it free in and are ther available pads to get ther???
    thanks

• Advertisement

is it free in and are ther available pads to get ther???
    thanks
    its free and you can't get pads there . you need to bring your own

its only pads and helmet for under 16s according to the supervisers there...
    but yeah its a nice place.
    size is an issue yeah, but the smaller kids are smart and dont get in the way.
    wasnt any snakin there either which was cool, loads of respect for each other.
    the way it should be!

Any1 catch the article on Gerry Ryan this morning bout Lucan? It was ok. Good when Derek Keating said that other councils should or are using that as a model for their parks! (vs modular). Highlight was Ryan asking are heelys allowed!!!!!
    AAAHHHHHH when does the hurting stop!!!!!:D :D

hahaha thats amazing

Advertisement