Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worktop fitting advice please

Options
  • 19-09-2006 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Can anyone advise on approx cost I'd be looking at for getting a kitchen worktop fitted? Its an L kitchen with bowl&half sink and hob to be cut out of the worktop. Got one quote that seemed really expensive to me.

The worktop is geta-core, if anyone can shed any light why this is so difficult to get a fitter for I'd really appreciate it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

u might try to get some names from Cash and Carry Kitchens as their installers are self employed so they could do it without any trouble.

be sure u are clear on the sort of joint u want, search this forum for an earlier thread re these problem.

Is there anything special about geta-core other than the price
    http://www.in-house.ie/specifications.asp?pro_id=117&cat=8&subcat=19

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

"GetaCore can in principle be processed like solid wood. For instance, the surface can be very finely sanded in a similar manner to wood parquet. The advantage: minor traces of use or damage can be simply removed-and your worktop is as good as new"

or so they say

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Its usually more expensive for the to install GetaCore rather than GetaLit or Formica

• Registered Users Posts: 21,468 ✭✭✭✭Alun

GreeBo wrote:
    Its usually more expensive for the to install GetaCore rather than GetaLit or Formica
    I think the OP had already established that fact, but was wondering why. Is it more difficult to cut, for example, or does it require special tools?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

well yeah.
    It can be used like wood, but its not wood.
    What they mean by this is that you can do the same things to GetaCore as you can with wood, but not in the same way.
    the joints are also more complicated.
    Its needs to be heavily polished after installation to ensure invisible joints.

• Advertisement
Advertisement