Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 mini s a2dp bluetooth profile

• 19-09-2006 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

hi all,

as the title suggests could you put me out of my misery and confirm that my o2 mini s with a o2 2.21 rom support a2dp or will i have to update the rom,have looked on the net and cant find a solid answer!

thanks in advance
    damo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

most roms with aku2.0 (doesnt necessarily mean 2.21 would have it, but im pretty sure it would) should have a2dp.

im going to post a file here, try installing this a2dp cab to see if it works. if not ill source another bigger one that might do the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

cheers for that..all i need now is a a2dp headset!wanted to know this before taking the plunge!does it support avrcp remote profile too and has anyone used a mini s with a a2dp headset(is the processor fast enough?).
    thanks in advance
    damo

shouldnt be too much of a problem for a mini s to stream the music. remember: single earpieces dont support a2dp, ull need the ones with 2 earpieces :)

if its patchy or misses sometimes, u can always overclock the mini then. :) wont need to much im sure

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Greetings all,

is there a s/w upgrade for the XDA Exec to use this.
    I have the Plantonics Plusar 590A head set

Regards
    Silverski

what is your rom version? if it has aku 2.0 above, it should work. u can check in start>settings>System> About.

Build xxxx.2.x.x)

If it has the 2, then it is an aku 2. should work then.

• Advertisement

Greetings

its build 14847.2.0.0

Did try to set up headset but only work for the phone, did not pick up any other audio.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
    Silverski

try the file i attached and let me know if that works. u might need a newer rom. check start>settings>system>device information and post what u have:

Rom Version:
    Rom Date:
    Radio Version:
    Protocol Version:
    ExtRom Version:

the first one only needed, but just for fun to see what roms have what :)

got my jabra bt620s today,working grand with the xda,did have to overclock though(240mhz...is that too high,would it cos damage?).one thing is that when i paired etc,it set up grand and was playing away but when i turned off the headphones and turned it on again it wouldnt connect automatically,had to manually go to bt settings and highlight the jabra and 'set as wireless stereo',any ideas??

damo

wm5 is buggy. it probably will happen a few times.sometimes things happen and work perfectly, sometimes need tweaking. create a shortcut for it. (check out wisbar advance, phm launchtray).

240mhz will not damage ur mini s. just will drain the battery quicker...

whoa...your quick!yes...i believe i come to the conclusion that wm5 is buggy!whats the best overclock app...tried the omapscaler app but the xda didnt like it,kept softresetting, at the mo i use omapclock with memaid,seems to be fine?are you using a mini s yourself..and what would you think is the best rom?

regards
    damo

• Advertisement

no, omapscaler is no use. not at version 0.0.4 ! it justs adjusts ur speed depending on ur processor requirements. it will never go up to needed values nor will it go down to least values. itll probably exceed the limits the mini s can achieve, hence causing the resets.

keep the omapclock. memaid i dont usually deal with. im using normal today screen, with phm traylaunch for my shortcuts, wma ppcprofiles and omapclock. i havent found the right mixture yet for skype, my friend is saying im still breaking up at 240mhz. im going to try at 264. my mini s was stable at that speed.

best rom: im currently using a 2.26 custom made rom. however,my battery isnt holding up very well. i have to address that issue and see whether im going to downgrade.

ive used the qtek 2.17 roms and i found it to be very good before, i would recommend it.

make sure u dont have a g4 chip, its near to impossible to CID unlock and upgrade rom.

u can check that by:

when u reset,

IPL:
    SPL:

those values should be 2.xx and not 2.xx.xxxx.

if it is the latter, well, wait for a bit. ull only be able to upgrade with 02 roms at the moment...

cheers for that,ill have bash with does apps!the xda is defo cid unlocked,qtek roms seem to be the cleanest roms anyway,so ill try them.thanks again

Greetings,
    Can you supply a link for these qtek roms pls.
    I would like to see if there is a rom for the Exec

Rgds
    Silverski

exec roms im not sure. the qtek rom will definitely not work on that. ill post it on rapidshare.

Advertisement