Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DBS Psychology diploma

Options
  • 19-09-2006 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done this ?

I know it's essentialy just 4 modules from the first year of the Psychology degree programme, but I'm leaning towards doing this as it's 13 years since I was in full time education and I think 1 evening a week would be an easier than jumping straight into the degree.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I've done first year of the degree course there.

It's really interesting. Not sure which modules you do in the diploma course though. It's quite tough but nothing that's too hard to handle.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

the 4 modules are :

Introduction to psychology
    Cognitive Psychology
    History and schools of psychology
    Physiological Psychology

So it seems to be basically 2 from each of the semesters of the 1st year of the degree course, but at least I'll get an exemption when i start the degree course and it'll ease me back into studying again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Cognitive and physiological are the biggest obstacles imo.

Very easy if you learn the material but don't miss any classes and study up after each class so you keep on the ball. Otherwise the work will build up and you're fúcked!

Advertisement