Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should i do anything about him?

• 19-09-2006 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

I need a bit of advise on this please. You see there’s this lad iv liked for ages but the thing is I don’t know if he likes me as well or is just having a laugh or simply just being cheeky because for the past few months whenever we walk by each other when we’re out he always feels my butt and if we see each other in town he always says hello. One night out about a month or more ago he asked me my name as well. My friends say they always see him looking at me and that I should really do something about it and are always telling me “it’s so obvious he likes you” but I’m just not sure because I really cant imagine this lad liking me basically because I see him as being a bit out of my league, although my friends don‘t think so. And every time I see him I get all conflustered and even when I get the chance to go over and speak to him I just kind of panic and can‘t bring myself to go over to him. Usually I’m not like that at all with fellas but I like him so much.

I’d be really grateful for advise on this because I really like him and all this has been going on for about 5 months now and it‘s wrecking my head. Plus I’m not sure if I should do anything and risk the possibility of rejection. Basically because not only do I see him every weekend when I go out but I see him nearly everyday in town as he owns a shop there so it would be kind of uncomfortable seeing him if he rejects me. And even if he does like me I’m not really sure what I should do about it.

If anyone can help me out here I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

Just go over and start a conversation with him and take it from there. You'll never know if you don't at least try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

angelbaby wrote:
    or simply just being cheeky because for the past few months whenever we walk by each other when we’re out he always feels my butt

I see... and why exactly do you like him again? Sounds like a knob to be honest. I'd be carefull with him tbh, if he does this and he doesn't even really know you, then he probably thinks quite highly of himself and may only be into one thing. imo of course:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

He looks at you, therefore you're in.

Just go talk to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

seamus wrote:

Just go talk to him

This is also true, trust me op, we're not hard to please....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Go over, say hello and introduce yourself. You won't know anything until you do that. :) Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

LundiMardi wrote:
    I see... and why exactly do you like him again? Sounds like a knob to be honest.
    Maybe she likes having her arse felt. I thought most girls didn't, ah well I suppose different strokes for different folks, and all the rest.

OP if you like him that much, just go over to him and start up a random conversation with him. Just say hello, introduce yourself and talk about whatever pops into your head (eg. the music in the pub, where he works, etc...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Wait a second, he was walking down the street feeling your arse, and THEN one night out he asked your name? I'll let that speak for itself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭angelbaby

grasshopa wrote:
    Wait a second, he was walking down the street feeling your arse,
    eh no he wasnt walking down the street feeling my arse...i just meant that sometimes in the club if i walk by him or vice versa that he gives my arse a sly quick feel. but hes been sayin hello to me before he started that. it is a bit cheeky of him so that's why im not sure what to think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

do you not think if he's got enough confidence to do that he'd have enough to ask you out already? seems like a player to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I was a bit taken aback when you said he was feeling your ass before he asked your name? So he says hello does that give him a free for all.

I'm by no means a prude but if someone i didnt know did that to me i would make sure he never did it again.

However if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, the only way you are going to find out what he is like is to speak to him.

Its possible he may just have been a little drunk or showing off to the lads but the next time he does it - stop and say something, if you dont want to tel lhim off about it use it as an opportunity to strike up a conversation, say something witty or flirty - cant think of anything off the top of my head but ya know what i mean - you touch it you buy it or something - dont forget to smile or you will come off as tarty LOL

can you tell how long its been since a stranger felt my ass :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

well i have to say he never grabs my arse when hes sober its always when hes p*ssed. When hes sober he just smiles and says hi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

Good grief.

Maybe he fancies you - but for the type of guy who feels girls' asses before he even knows their names............sounds like a bit of a player to me!!! IMO I reckon you could easily get him, but he's probably the type of guy who anyone could get. What's so great about him?

The feeling of his palm......?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

The story of how you guys met is one to tell the grand children - "Well, funny you should ask, little Johnnie, first he slapped the arse off me, then he stole my heart". He sounds horrid, but I guess you really don't mind that much... at all in fact, so go for it. Why not slap his arse back next time you meet him :D. Seems as he mostly communicates through the delicate and oft misconstrued method of the arse slap, he should understand your meaning perfectly.

P.S. I'm guessing he's an ass man :)

The story of how you guys met is one to tell the grand children - "Well, funny you should ask, little Johnnie, first he slapped the arse off me, then he stole my heart". He sounds horrid, but I guess you really don't mind that much... at all in fact, so go for it. Why not slap his arse back next time you meet him :D. Seems as he mostly communicates through the delicate and oft misconstrued method of the arse slap, he should understand your meaning perfectly.

P.S. I'm guessing he's an ass man :)

I think a better ending to the story is " little johnnie he slapped the arse off me so i grabbed him by the balls and told him if he ever touched me again a hairy hole would not be the only thing he had in common with my neutered dog" and we all lived happily ever after awhhhhhhhh..........

:D

You should write children's stories (or at least tell them)....

"And tomorrow, Johnnie, i'll tell you all about the magical tales of Charles Manson and his happy, happy, joy, joy family. Sleep well!"

Seriously, if the arse thing doesn't bother you, go for it, OP. He clearly likes you.

:D

You should write children's stories (or at least tell them)....

"And tomorrow, Johnnie, i'll tell you all about the magical tales of Charles Manson and his happy, happy, joy, joy family. Sleep well!"

Seriously, if the arse thing doesn't bother you, go for it, OP. He clearly likes you.

Yeah sure it could be worse - he could be grabbing your cradock :D

or your fanny :D

or your fanny :D

ROFL

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

seamus wrote:

Just go talk to him

i agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Trinity1 wrote:
    next time he does it - stop and say something, if you dont want to tel lhim off about it use it as an opportunity to strike up a conversation, say something witty or flirty - cant think of anything off the top of my head but ya know what i mean - you touch it you buy it or something - dont forget to smile or you will come off as tarty LOL

thats a good idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

it sounds to me like he likes you. I agree with with what others have said that you should go over and start talking to him. He's already asked you your name!! if you asked him his when he did that then it means you already know eachother by first name basis, this makes it easier to speak to him.
    The whole ass grabbing thing is quite cheeky, perhaps hes trying to get your attention?

Seriously OP just start a conversation with him and take it from there.. Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

By my reading of it, it seems he feels your ass when you are in a pub or club, or out somewhere.

When you are in the same place as him, and he's doing the ass-feeling, do you see him with other girls, doing the same thing?

Does he kiss other girls on these nights?

Are they different girls each time?

If you like him, go for it. Don't ever think someone is 'out of your league', but beware, he seems to be a bit of a sleaze, maybe you are out of his league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭madhitchhiker

Originally Posted by seansouth
    If you like him, go for it. Don't ever think someone is 'out of your league', but beware, he seems to be a bit of a sleaze, maybe you are out of his league.

right! be on guard though. :( you never know what plays on his mind...:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Mental Note: Feel girls up in public, they love it.

seansouth wrote:
    When you are in the same place as him, and he's doing the ass-feeling, do you see him with other girls, doing the same thing?

Does he kiss other girls on these nights?

Are they different girls each time?

no, me or my friends never seen him doing that to other girls and he usually doesnt be with other girls either only the odd time but he doesnt feel my arse if hes with another girl.

Sangre wrote:
    Mental Note: Feel girls up in public, they love it.

no we dont!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Sangre, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

angelbaby wrote:
    no, me or my friends never seen him doing that to other girls and he usually doesnt be with other girls either only the odd time but he doesnt feel my arse if hes with another girl.
    Who says chivalry is dead?

Heres my take. You find this guy good-looking and out of your league. This probably mean he *is* good-looking. Good-looking people are normally confident around women and others in general.
    The fact that he feels you up indicates that he is a 'lad' and probably a player, who loves nothing better than a score.

Putting two and two together (a confident player), he probably would have approached you, looking to chat you up already if he was really interested (and not in a, ah sure she'll do grand way).

Advertisement