Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New trailer for MGS4 on PS3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Sweet! :D:D
    It's definately the snazziest footage of MSG I've seen so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Is that the clip of the Metal Gear-thing kicking over the truck?

Can't view it where i am.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Brilliant....although the design for those mechs is pretty terrible and they are making cow noises!

MOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

From the first glance I think I've seen it before. Is that the one where all the MGs take a dump at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

What exactly is next gen about this? Glorified FMV sequences and snorting cows... where are in the ingame shots? I bet when this comes out it will look comparable to dead rising.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What exactly is next gen about this? Glorified FMV sequences and snorting cows... where are in the ingame shots? I bet when this comes out it will look comparable to dead rising.

The same fools said the exact same thing about the MGS1 and MGS2 preview videos and those games yurned out just as gorgeous as what we were shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Is this the footage from that german convention?

There is a brand new trailer coming on Friday, at the Tokyo Game Show. This is what we know about is so far:

It'll be six minutes long.

It'll include the first gameplay footage, some of it with the camera view changed for the purposes of the trailer (i.e. someone will actually have played through those parts, but they've changed the camera perspective in parts).

The MK-II robot from the first trailer is back.

When you shoot, the camera switches to a perspective not unlike that in Resident Evil 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Fannymcslap

Bet ya me left bollock snake'll blow his own head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The same fools said the exact same thing about the MGS1 and MGS2 preview videos and those games yurned out just as gorgeous as what we were shown.
    I'll believe it when I see it. Don't get your hopes up though. Plenty of PS3 footage which was supposed to be ingames has been shown to be fmv. And this is more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

I can safely say that MGS4 is going to be the most mental game EVER! With regards to whether or not the footage is FMV or not, well im inclined to say that its in-game. As mentioned above, Konami have never used anything more than in-game graphics to demonstrate previous MGS installments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

that really looks alot like FMV, be very surprised if thats all ingame footage.

Famitsu has the first gameplay shots :D I don't know if we're allowed post magazine photos here though..are we? I'd love to share!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

We are! Just blot out the mag name...post them!

The mag name isn't on them, but if it's a problem, a mod can feel free to edit these out!

mgsscan1ji3.jpg

mgsscan2cw9.jpg

mgsscan3vg9.jpg

mgsscan4hc4.jpg

Sorry about the quality, that's all there is out there at the moment. And yes, that robot is pick-pocketing the enemy guard for ammo :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

/adds PS3 to "Sh*t to buy soon" list.

Ta for them, looks really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Anyone know why the mech things make cow noises?
    It really bothered me while watching the trailers. Seems pretty stupid to me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

it's intellectual warfare, as it were. moo to freak out the enemy... no idea what the whole pooing thing is about though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

When I heard the first moo from the Metal Gear, I was leik STRIDER. Please tell me ye sed that too...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope the mini Metal Gear is like the Metal Gear in Snacher. He looks the exact same, just like metal gear from MG2: Solid Snake. Loved the way he was really cheeky with Gillian when he was trying to chat up women (which he did to every single women he met).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I hope the mini Metal Gear is like the Metal Gear in Snacher. He looks the exact same, just like metal gear from MG2: Solid Snake. Loved the way he was really cheeky with Gillian when he was trying to chat up women (which he did to every single women he met).

With all the references to Snatcher and Police nauts in the previous games, I wouldn't be suprised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I always assumed it has to do with the fact that the machines are part genetic with syntethic grown limbs and what not.

my guess is a form of cloning and genetic manipulation using the dna of cows creates these highly effective killing machines (actual muscle improves movement and makes them versatile) while at the same time also allows for improvement in tactical effectiveness because a wiped clean cows brain can be filled up with all the tactical and search and destroy mechanics it needs without the need of a pilot or a highly sensitive computer.

The mooing and the waste disposal are side products of a machine that is a 100 times more effective then any tank.

Mooing, a faster way for the machines to communicate (due to biological elements) then sending signals to the electronic parts.

waste disposal, muscles and brains etc need energy and create waste, hence the gas release (I'm hoping a easy way to kill them is to pop a grenade into them when they are relieving themselves.

Also I guess its communal as a form of reward system to encourage the machines (they do appear eager to kill) to do their job, they can only relieve themselves when the objective is complete.

Part of the reason for the mooing is psychological, apparently. The idea springs out of the concept of using noises on the battlefield that would subconciously put the enemy at ease and help them feel secure, so that they're less prepared. Commonly noises are used that might remind someone of childhood..rural noises, things like cows mooing ;)

IGN has a translation of some of the details from the article here:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/733/733889p1.html

The robot isn't actually pick-pocketing ammo as I said earlier :o It's shocking the enemy troop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

DarthWraak wrote:
    When I heard the first moo from the Metal Gear, I was leik STRIDER. Please tell me ye sed that too...

I was thinking the same thing, they really sound very similar.

DarthWraak wrote:
    With all the references to Snatcher and Police nauts in the previous games, I wouldn't be suprised

I only recently noticed the third level bosses in Contra 3 were Snatchers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

some links to vids here:

http://www.playsyde.com/forum_8_14634_1_305743_en.html#305743

let videos download to the end so you can watch it without buffering, looks ok, doubt it'll be anything like the old videos anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    waste disposal, muscles and brains etc need energy and create waste, hence the gas release
    Or lactic acid from their 'muscles'?

hmmmm...

• Advertisement

the bit with the barrel is f*cking priceless!

Advertisement