Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New trailer for MGS4 on PS3

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13275&type=mov&pl=game

Full trailer with all the details in and good quality

WATCH IT!

the ending alone changes everything
    ITS BIG BOSS, THE OLD GUY IS NOT SNAKE BUT BIG BOSS!!!!!!!!!! O+HOLY ****ING CHRIST ALLMIGHTY LORD OF ZEUS SPATULA GIVER OF CHEESE I LOVE IT!! I ****ING LOVE IT! I ****ing knew it wasnt solid snake, and it isnt, ITS ****ING BIG BOSS, so you play as big boss and solid snake. This makes things a million times cooler!

well thats what I think...could be wrong though. But I dont think I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

dont forget we might have a chance to kill raiden as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

I think you're right blitzkrieg, and damn if it doesnt give the game alot more potential.
    I was wondering why snake would be wearing an eye patch

Nice find! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Ho-Hum wrote:
    I was wondering why snake would be wearing an eye patch
    Solid Snake is wearing the thing too... my guess is that the 'solid eye system' is your map/thermal goggles/NV all rolled up into one.

Yay Snake, thats another game that you can get shat on. Kojima does like his bodily fluids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    ITS BIG BOSS, THE OLD GUY IS NOT SNAKE BUT BIG BOSS!!!!!!!!!! O+HOLY ****ING CHRIST ALLMIGHTY LORD OF ZEUS SPATULA GIVER OF CHEESE I LOVE IT!! I ****ING LOVE IT! I ****ing knew it wasnt solid snake, and it isnt, ITS ****ING BIG BOSS, so you play as big boss and solid snake. This makes things a million times cooler!

well thats what I think...could be wrong though. But I dont think I am.
    It seems odd though, what with
    him dealing with Cambell, Otacon and Naomi. Still possible though. I just hope the young fella isn't yet another clone popping up from the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

mushy snake :)

most popular theories online:

its a mask like the raiden mask in MGS3

the old snake is a mask like raden in MGS3, due to earlier in the trailer you see him disapear marks on his face.

You actually age rapidly during the game

Its another clone etc.

most popular though: Its Kojima methaphorically stating fairwell to the original solid snake in the trailer (hence a legend must die comment before it.)

Not many people thinking the way i'm thinking...but i'm a huge big boss fanboy so meh :(

Or the young snake is you in the previous Outer Heaven and the old one is modern day.

thats a sweet idea...a remake of old metal gear within the new metal gear...sweeeeet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Didn't Big Boss bite the dust at the end of Sons of Liberty ? im so confused
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He wasn't in Sons of Liberty. He bit the dust at the end of Solid Snake: Metal Gear 2 with no hope of coming back.

That was Solidus...the third clone. He was considered the closest they got to making a perfect copy of big boss. Big Boss is meant to be dead since the end of metal gear 2, but his body is in the posession of the US military and is frozen. so going from that point, anything could be possible in 4. Also Metal Gear Port Ops is meant to tie directly into 4 and that stars big boss. My personnal theory is that Big Boss is the Patriots.

curse you retrogamer.

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    That was Solidus...the third clone. He was considered the closest they got to making a perfect copy of big boss. Big Boss is meant to be dead since the end of metal gear 2, but his body is in the posession of the US military and is frozen. so going from that point, anything could be possible in 4. Also Metal Gear Port Ops is meant to tie directly into 4 and that stars big boss. My personnal theory is that Big Boss is the Patriots.

curse you retrogamer.
    Its never said to be his body, just 'remains' and from the genetic experiments they keep talking about throughout MGS1 id hazard a guess that his 'remains' are a bit tattered by now. This new old man could be an accelerated growth version to get back Big Boss as soon as possible not meant to survive very long but be the ultimate warrior. When in one of the trailers Naomi said that 'you have six months to live' she could have been talking about just about anyone. Perhaps Raidens suit is all thats keeping him alive, perhaps that tube (adrenaline?) that old snake stuck in his neck is whats keeping him alive or FoxDie is taking its toll on young/old snake.

So many theories, so much time.

EDIT: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/stormforce/ohlord.jpg
    oh lord, is that some grey hair on young snake?

there's a picture of the *remains* of big boss in one of the promotional pictures for MGS4. I'll try and find it.

Mgs4_promo.jpg

between naomi and otocon!

Ah, this is also true... or merely a concept image of the old snake we're seeing now. Then again, closer inspection of young snake before we see his face reveals grey hair poking out of his mask (link above)... another disguise?

EDIT: i made a mistake, my logic is flawed by the appearance of two old snakes in the picture.

it being a mask ala mgs 3 is a very popular theory.

but its very anti climatic because everything points to this being the finale for the MGS series in its current form, so i'm hoping for a big generational thing much like how MGS 3 went.

(maybe it'll be like how 2 was a copy of 1, 4 will be a copy of 3.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Thanks Retr0gamer & BlitzKrieg.

That clears things up for me quite a bit.

it does?

i'm more confused now

I really need to find my copy of MGS 1. Cause I have 2 and 3 and am in the mood...but one needs to be complete.

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    I really need to find my copy of MGS 1.
    Good call, recently found my copy of Twin Snakes (GC) and ive been waiting for a good excuse to start it again.

poor poor poor rhyme...twin snakes is aweful.

• Advertisement

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    poor poor poor rhyme...twin snakes is aweful.
    Boo, the only real qualm i have with it is that the first-person aiming makes the game altogether too easy. Cutscenes are fantabulous, Ocelot still rules and the maggots on the DARPA chief really move. Awesomeness.

¬_¬

Back to MGS4, why the Hell is Naomi in the field and is Meryl going to get shot to sh*t again?

i thought Meryl is some pseudo bad guy in this one?

You know leading fox hound which is part of outer heaven (or have I got it the wrong way around, and she's an ally?)

Cause they're too many good guys in this one? Not enough of those funky MGS villians (man I love Ocelot)

briefly back to twin snakes. cutscenes are far too OTT crap, forcing the visual impact to take 2nd place to stupid stunts etc. What do you expect when you have the director of 'versus' directing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    briefly back to twin snakes. cutscenes are far too OTT crap, forcing the visual impact to take 2nd place to stupid stunts etc. What do you expect when you have the director of 'versus' directing.

Have to agree totally here as well. Other than the ninja cutscenes when the OTT aspect suited it, the cutscenes were just plain silly, making Snake to be some kind of superheroe rather than the rougher james bond spy that he originally was. I miss Snake sleazing with the ladies like he did in MG1,2 and MGS.

I'd say we haven't seen the last of big boss. There was a reason that Hideo Kojima concentrated on Big Boss in MGS3.

I'm putting my money on Big Bosses brain in a tank controlling the patriots and the world :D

i'm putting it on big boss snubbing liquid and telling solid he's inheriting the boss title (ala MGS 3) resulting in liquid going nuts cause his *family* is disowning him and choosing the *traitor*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Good lord, I just watched the trailer.

If only I could afford it, this is really the only reason I'd buy a ps3 (I bought a ps2 for snake eater!)

As for the video, I dont know what to think, only that it looks superb! Loved the barrels

(I bought a ps2 for snake eater!)

heh...so did I.

Advertisement