Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experimental gigs and events

Options
  • 19-09-2006 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking about adopting a similar approach to posts about gigs and events for this forum as is on the Dance forum. Instead of having a subforum (I don't think there's going to be the same volume of posts here) I was thinking of having one of the following options:
    1. a stickied thread where people can post the details of a gig but keep it as just gigs listings, no discussions
    2. a thread for each large event/promoter and all posts about that large event or from that promoter to be kept in that thread
    3. not allow gigs/events to be posted and move all such posts to the Gigs/Events forum (if a mod from Gigs/Events is reading, please give your views, I don't want to be taking from your forum unduly)

Rather than have a poll I thought we could have a discussion as to what option listed (or suggest a Plan B of course) would be best, this is an everyman's forum after all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Option 1 sounds good. I read the charter just after plugging that gig and thought I was gonna get banned :D Its a great idea to promote experimental gigs here, I think they would be overlooked in the Gigs/Events forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

That's how I feel too as everything experimental gets overlooked in all the other music fora. I asked the gigs/events mods to have a read of the thread and see what they think, maybe option 1 for here and posts as normal in gigs/events?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Option 1 sounds fine with me.

My only query is whether you want to allow further discussion here. Personally, because I'm not too familiar with this area, I'll leave this decision up to you, John. The only thing I don't want happening is multiple threads between forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Option 1 I'd say

And maybe they could add a link to the thread in Gigs/Events? The clubbing forum came about because of the amount of spam the Gigs/Events forum was gettin but I like seeing Experimental Gigs there and would like to see more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

That's a good idea Mr Rivers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 PsychForm

It is definately a good idea to have an upcoming shows thread. There are a few good ones comming up in the UK that I could start the thread with...No Trend Fest, All Tomorrows Party....and in the US...Brainwaves....just missed The Wooden Octopus Skull Experimental Musick pFestival here in Seattle, so yeah, try it out...see what happens!

Psych

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Acerferrari3200

Have been trying out some Japanese Rock over the last few months ...Mono ..Boris...Acid Mothers

Boris "PINK" - is one of my albums of the year

Umack is promoting some good looking gigs over the next few months ..!
    http://www.umack.com/index.html

Playing the new RED SPAROWES ablum now "Every Red Heart Shines Towards the Sun"...sounds great ,,a more compact sounding cross between Godspeed You Black.....and Mogwai !

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Not sure if this is the right place but:

KK Null is playing in Ireland! And giving a talk too, apparently. (Only at the Limerick date, though.)

http://www.ccmcm.ie/index.php?s=6 (Scroll down a little bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

there's a dublin date also..not sure about a talk though, the talk is prob in conjunction with the UL music tech masters. i'm playing at the limerick date too.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement