Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointed in moderation of "Animals and Pets"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

psi wrote:
    WWM would be an exception and I think I've seen it happen once.

Nope, I've been involved in many of the more inflammed threads on mod and that just isn't the purpose of smods or cmods.

In fairness you're wrong. You said it doesn't happen, I proved it did, whats your problem with accepting that? Smods get involved in these situations without a doubt, wwm might be an exception as a Cmod i don't know.

Name 3 cases where someone was demodded over a bad mod decision.

Are you calling me a liar? Never mind the twisting of my words. Go ask ecksor or cloud or Tom. These things are kept quiet for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Carnivore wrote:
    In fairness you're wrong. You said it doesn't happen, I proved it did, whats your problem with accepting that? Smods get involved in these situations without a doubt, wwm might be an exception as a Cmod i don't know.

funny thing is, I was a cmod, the first one actually, and I know exactly what the brief of the cmod is. WWM is an exception, he's doing what he (and strangely enough I) believe should be done. But he *IS* the exception to the rule. The last recent cmod interaction on boards cased a mini riot in the mod forum.

As for smods, I can't think of a case where they overturned a decision. It may have happened, but it hasn't on any major contentious point, so you've proved nothing.
    Are you calling me a liar? Never mind the twisting of my words. Go ask ecksor or cloud or Tom. These things are kept quiet for a reason.

Not a liar, just uninformed.

I talk to the admins (one in particular) regularly, in fact I reckon at least one of them is sick to death of me talking about how there is no action by admins on mods and smods indescretions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

You're a traitor to your own kind Psi. I hope you feel good when you twist the knives in our backs. :rolleyes:

As for smods, I can't think of a case where they overturned a decision. It may have happened, but it hasn't on any major contentious point, so you've proved nothing.

I can think of one very recent case where an smod became directly involved in an individual banning, and later an Admin. The ban was eventually over tuned. Now I don't knwo all the details.

Not a liar, just uninformed.

I can name three, I choose not to. I can name five over turned bans off the top of my head. And I can name at least one public threat to demod by an admin. I'm not going to though, since a man of your talents should be able to put 2 and 2 together and realise you don't knwo everything thats happens.

amp wrote:
    You're a traitor to your own kind Psi. I hope you feel good when you twist the knives in our backs. :rolleyes:

No, I'm sorry, there is a conspiracy amp and it is time I opened it up.

Boards.ie moderators have been corrupt and power abusing for too long and it is time the users knew the depths of our evil.

Boards.ie moderators have in the past or are currently responsible for:

1. Randomly banning users for fun
    2. Bullying boards.ie users
    3. Forming cliques
    4. Gay rights
    5. Immigration
    6. Inter-racial couples
    7. 911
    8. bad puns
    9. obesity
    10. pyramid schemes.

It is time we were stopped.

• Advertisement

Carnivore wrote:
    I can think of one very recent case where an smod became directly involved in an individual banning, and later an Admin. The ban was eventually over tuned. Now I don't knwo all the details.

I can name three, I choose not to. I can name five over turned bans off the top of my head. And I can name at least one public threat to demod by an admin. I'm not going to though, since a man of your talents should be able to put 2 and 2 together and realise you don't knwo everything thats happens.

:rolleyes:

yeah whatever "I can but I won't"

What are we six?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

psi wrote:
    What are we six?

"Five and a half"

(Going by his join date :) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Is Carnivore really Bubbles??

psi wrote:
    :rolleyes:

yeah whatever "I can but I won't"

What are we six?

1) I could name three, but it's pretty obvious you would dispute them, cause "your always in the right". I've shown you a Cmod that overturns bans, and instead of retracting your flawed statements, you've become even more insistent.

2) Anybody with an ounch of cop on would realise they are sensitive issues. Ask your Administrator friend about it.

So yea, I can but I won't. I'll just leave you swallowing in ignorance, you're well suited to it.

psi wrote:
    No, I'm sorry, there is a conspiracy amp and it is time I opened it up.

Boards.ie moderators have been corrupt and power abusing for too long and it is time the users knew the depths of our evil.

Boards.ie moderators have in the past or are currently responsible for:

1. Randomly banning users for fun

Ah they don't feel anything. They're not really sentient after all
    2. Bullying boards.ie users

See above
    3. Forming cliques

Can't beat a good clique.
    4. Gay rights

We're responsible for getting the gays some rights? When did that happen?
    5. Immigration

Too many durka durka's in this site already.
    6. Inter-racial couples

Good god. But that's unnatural!
    7. 911

So it wasn't Osama after all. I see...
    8. bad puns

I am not without my flaws.
    9. obesity

I like cake.
    10. pyramid schemes.

I like it. A slave army of users building me a pyramid in which my body would be interned in a secret tomb along with my pc's, my green mug and my penknife. Who do I talk to about setting that up?
    It is time we were stopped.

My friend, we've only just started. Today Boards.ie! TOMMOROW... THE WORLD!!!!!

• Advertisement

irish1 wrote:
    Is Carnivore really Bubbles??

Nope.
    amp wrote:
    We're responsible for getting the gays some rights? When did that happen?

After we corrupted their children, their children turned 18 and their children all voted for some left wing wacko party.

Jesus amp, didn't you realise that all moderators are left wing, gay-friendly, anti-smoking, pro-immigration, fat, sad, lonely, terrorist-loving, america-hating nazis?

Carnivore wrote:
    1) I could name three, but it's pretty obvious you would dispute them, cause "your always in the right". I've shown you a Cmod that overturns bans, and instead of retracting your flawed statements, you've become even more insistent.
    If they're correct I won't dispute them, if they'r eincorrect I will.
    2) Anybody with an ounch of cop on would realise they are sensitive issues. Ask your Administrator friend about it.
    Whats sensitive about it? why should things be done in the dark?
    So yea, I can but I won't. I'll just leave you swallowing in ignorance, you're well suited to it.
    I think you mean wallowing in ignorance, unless you're implying I'm fat?

Stark wrote:
    After we corrupted their children, their children turned 18 and their children all voted for some left wing wacko party.

I knew that that Kiddy Corruption party was a bad idea. "The gays will get uppitty" I said, but no-one believed me.

Anyway, tell your wife I love that shiney tracksuit she got you. It really matches your mullet.

Seems to be the way these things happen. No big feedback thread, not long winded speach, just gone.

Ps, Yes, I called you fat.

Remember remember a man called dahamsta.

psi wrote:
    Jesus amp, didn't you realise that all moderators are left wing, gay-friendly, anti-smoking, pro-immigration, fat, sad, lonely, terrorist-loving, america-hating nazis?

Well I guess I'm a maverick being that I'm a rightwing, homophobic, cigar munching, anti-immigration, thin, happy, unlonely, terroris..

I think I'll just say Republican. It's shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

vaguley, but i dont think we ever really crossed paths.

although i would be interested to know all these demoddings etc that have gone on.

would appear i have been in my own little world all this time :)

amp wrote:
    Anyway, tell your wife I love that shiney tracksuit she got you. It really matches your mullet.

I told them all it wasn't grease but shine. Thank you for being with me on this one.

prince3.jpg

vaguley, but i dont think we ever really crossed paths.

although i would be interested to know all these demoddings etc that have gone on.

would appear i have been in my own little world all this time :)

I can think of three due to general muppetry and abuse of postion, and I've read references to another two from admins due banning (I don't know if it was unfair banning, poor follow up) If you're realyl interested I can PM you the details, If you reply telling me I've been miss informed I'll take back what I've posted here

Hold on, now are you talking about mods gone wild or mods being demodded for abusing their mods and making continuous bad modding decisions? If its the former then I think its apples and oranges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

pm me if you want, im just curious tbh.

pm me if you want, im just curious tbh.

He may well be right about damhasta - I can't remember was that for a fight with TC (as 90% of his posts seemed to be) or whether it was just for generally being an idiot and throwing toys from a pram.

As for the other lads (who were mates iirc), I forget their names although one has changed his, they were demodded for being muppets/posting mod forum info outside of mod.

For actually being bad moderators, I haven't seen a demodding for that yet.

Hold on actually is he talking about me? I was demodded in the past long long time ago.

amp wrote:
    I think I'll just say Republican. It's shorter.

I think Sideshow Bob said it best:
    Because you need me, Springfield. Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Were you demodded or did you give up moderating?

Major difference.

psi wrote:
    As for the other lads (who were mates iirc), I forget their names although one has changed his, they were demodded for being muppets/posting mod forum info outside of mod.

I'd forgot about nakidbibleman and whatshisface actually, (thats who you're talking about right, the CS players? But yea, thanks, point proven, Mods do get the smack down. aka are accountable to the higher powers.

and now Irish1, sure theres three demodings I forgot about, also what happened to shinji?

I was demodded, it was that long ago I can't remember the exact details, something to do with me telling people in politics that a poster was banned for using two accounts I think.

Sob Sob!! I have never really recovered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

yes, it's the difference between 'I've had enough' and 'We've had enough'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

psi wrote:
    Hold on, now are you talking about mods gone wild

I have the original on DVD, and the Spring Break version too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

regi wrote:
    I have the original on DVD, and the Spring Break version too.

OMG!!!

Regi you promised me that you destroyed that footage.

Advertisement